"Something's Wrong.."

"The changes we dread most
may contain our salvation."
                                   -Barbara Kingsolver

  Nixie hurriedly made her way towards the table, plopping in the seat between Jasper and Alice and giving her mate an anxious smile.

  Jasper watched her wipe her palms onto her dress, her leg bouncing and eyes frantically darting back and forth. "Hey" he whispered as he laid his hand on her leg to stop the spazzing, "you okay?"

  Nixie's head snapped in his direction and she felt her shoulders relax a little, "yeah" she nodded, "I'm fine." She turned away before he could ask anymore questions, thoughts consumed with a certain prophet. Maddox still hadn't returned any of her calls or answered the ones she just made. She was beginning to get a little more worried. Maddox never ignored her like this, she even sent a text to Mama Ida who had yet to respond also.

  "Hello?" A voice cut over the speakers, "is this thing on?"

  Nixie looked up towards Emmett as he maneuvered the mic around on stage and she let out a loud whistle causing him to smile at her.

  Jasper chuckled at his girlfriends antics, reaching his hand out and clasping her fingers in his.

  "Umm, I'd like to propose a toast" Emmett started as he lifted his glass of Champaign. "To my new sister. Bella, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last 18 years. 'Cause you won't be getting any more for a while" he chuckled.

  The crowd was silent for a moment before turning towards the red faced protectress as a snort escaped her while she attempted to hold in her laughs. Charlie stared at the table while he lifted his glass and took a huge drink causing Nixie to laugh even harder.

  Nixie's laughter was cut short when Jessica decided to get on stage. "Well, Bella was just like everyone else, totally mesmerized by Edward" the Stanley girl started.

  Nixie laid her head on Jasper's shoulder while he draped an arm over her. "Or "The Hair", as I like to call him" Jess stated causing Nixie to actually let out a genuine laugh as she thought of Edward's "Hero Hair." She ignored the rest of the speech as the young girl threw digs at Bella causing everyone to awkwardly look around and sip their drinks.

  Nixie laughed as Charlie threatened Edward and while Renee sung her terrible lullaby. She smiled when Alice completely trashed Bella's taste in fashion. She teared up when Esme gave a sweet speech about protecting Bella and her becoming family even though there was hidden meaning behind it, it was still nice. Finally, she stood from her place to make her speech before Edward stole the show with his Shakespearean talk.

  Emmett let out a hoot as Nixie walked on stage, her pink dress swaying behind her as she made her way to the mic. She smiled as Jasper looked at her before turning her attention towards the bride and groom. "Bella" she started, "I am so glad that you found someone to spend the rest of your life with. I know we haven't been friends for very long, but to me it seems like I've known to forever. I watched you cry, I watched you laugh, I watched you fawn over Eddy's hero hair while he pretended not to fawn over you too." The crowd let out a few chuckles and Bella smiled at her friend.

  Nixie's eyes darted towards Bella's glass and noticed a blue liquid sitting in it. Her eyes travelled to Edward's and noticed his was already almost gone and she felt her heart drop a little and sweat began to build on her head. "U-um" she let out a cough, "I uh, I hope Edward gives you everything you deserve in life Bella, because after everything you've been through, you deserve a lifetime of happiness." Nixie discreetly wiped the sweat from her neck as she pretended to fix her hair.