Witnesses

"Got me spinnin like a ballerina,
feelin gangsta every time I see ya.
You're the king and, baby,
I'm the queen of disaster."
-Lana Del Rey
(Queen of Disaster)

"Well Renesmee is nothing like those children. She was born, not bitten, she grows every single day" Bella argued after Carlisle finish his story.

"So can't you just explain that to the Volturi" Jake asked, aiming the question toward the head of the house.

Edward shook his head before answering for his father, "Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts."

The room was silent as everyone struggled to think of ways to solve the issue.

Jake broke the silence first, "so we fight" he stated, thoughts of those blood suckers coming after his imprint setting him on edge.

"Their offensive weapons are too powerful" Jasper cut in, "no one can stand against Jane."

"Alec's even worse" Nixie mumbled, memories from the day Alec manipulated the Cullens while her and her father fought.

Jake shook his head in disbelief, "their weapons don't work on you" he argued towards Nixie.

"Nixie can't handle the Volturi alone" Jasper snapped, "we're not sending her in like a pig for slaughter."

Nixie slipped her hand in Jasper's, instantly calming his temper as she rubbed her thumb along the top of his hand.

Jacob realized how insensitive his comment was and gave the protectress an apologetic glance, one she just shrugged off.

"Well then we convince them" Bella barked, her voice flooding with anger. No one was taking her daughter away, they'd have to kill her first.

Emmett finally spoke for the first time, "they're coming to kill us" he reminded, "not to talk."

Nixie heard all she needed, "Bella has a point" she agreed causing everyone to look at her. "We won't win a fight against them, not alone, so if we can't fight them then we have to convince them that Nes isn't a threat."

"You're right" Edward realized, "they won't listen to us. But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, we have friends all around the world."

"I won't ask them to fight" Carlisle denied.

"Not fight" Nixie spoke, "witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen."

Esme saw the look on her husbands face and rubbed his arm, "we can ask this of our friends."

The room was silent as everyone contemplated their next move. Nixie gripping Jasper's hand as she fidgeted, the letter in her pocket feeling extremely heavy.

***

The house was silent, Nixie creeping through the hallways of the Cullen house while everyone sat downstairs in the living room. She held the note in her hand tightly, crouching at the top of the stairs and looking down at the occupants. Her green eyes landed on Alice and she took a breath, closing her eyes and concentrating.

Alice sat on the couch next to Emmett and Rosalie, the air still tense from today's events but small smiles still painted everyone's faces. She went to tuck a short strand of hair behind her ear when something crunched in her palm. Opening her hand she saw a small crumpled paper that she knew for a fact, wasn't there before. Unraveling the paper she only read one word before quickly folding it back up and hiding it in her pocket. She looked up at the top of the stairs, her golden orbs meeting a pair of green before they were gone.