"How Could You?"

"There's something about
a woman with a loud
mind that sits in silence,
smiling knowing she can
crush you with the
truth."
-r.g. moon

  Nixie's hand held Jasper's tightly, his cool fingers clasped with her warm ones helping keep her calm. She held her bottom lip between her teeth unable to contain all her excitement and bouncing in place while her mate stared at her in amusement.

  "What's got you so giddy" Jasper teased, smile widening at the wide eyed look she gave him.

  "Jas" she breathed, "I know this may sound bad but I've never felt so.... so free." She shook her head at his questioning look, "I love Bella but ever since our connection broke I haven't felt the impending danger every moment of the day while Bella spent time with Edward. There's no warning, no tingling, all I feel, is me." Her green eyes stared into his honey gold and she let out a happy sigh, "and you."

  Jasper didn't react at first, thoughts racing as he processed her words. He knew Nixie felt a connection with Bella, but he never considered the impact it actually had on her. It must've been hard, walking around while always feeling on edge because her protected spent every day with supernatural creatures causing the connection between the 2 to always go off. He gave Nixie a smile before leaning down and placing a kiss on the crown of her head.

  Nixie went to say something but footsteps approaching the back door alerting everyone of Edward and Bella's return.

  Jake came in first, the wolf instantly making his way over to his imprint and giving her a smile, the action eliciting a small coo from baby Renesmee.

  Nixie watched as Bella and Edward slowly crept into the room, Bella receiving many smiles and greetings from the vampires. Her red eyes traveled the room, pausing on her daughter for a second before landing on her former protector. Nixie didn't even have time to blink before she was lifted into Bella's almost crushing embrace.

  "Good God Bella" Nixie laughed as she hugged her back, "I'm not used to you not being so.. fragile."

  Bella laughed at her friend's statement before releasing her, she stared at Nixie before smiling, "thank you."

  Nixie shook her head at the sentiment, "don't thank me Bells, just go see your daughter."

  Bella's head snapped towards Rosalie who had just turned around, giving her a full view of her baby girl. Bella's face went slack as she was mesmerized by her beautiful child, gulping as she reached for her.

  Everyone watched as Renesmee settled in Bella's hold before reaching for her mother's face, her small hand resting against Bella's cheek as their memories flashed in front of them. "What was that" Bella gaped as the vision finally ended.

  "She showed you the first memory she has of you" Edward answered, amazement clearly still present in his tone.

  "Showed me? How?"

  Edward chuckled, "how do I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future?" A smile formed on his face, "she's gifted."

  Bella cradled Renesmee in her arms, smile never dimming as the baby stared back. "I've only been out for 2 days?" She questioned, taking note to her daughters physical appearance.

  "Her growth rate is unprecedented" Carlisle informed the newborn, his mind racing with thoughts of the miracle baby.

  Nixie's eyes snapped to Jake as he took a step towards Bella, "all right. That's enough experimenting for one day."