Bonus Chapter #9

"And then
my soul saw you
and it kind of
went,

"Oh, there you are.
I've been looking
for you.""

  "Shh" Nixie soothed as she attempted to quiet them, "Jasper's gonna be home any minute and he'll kill us." The familiar sound of the front door opening alerted her of his arrival and she panicked. His steps were getting closer to the kitchen so as a last resort she quickly shoved her secret into the empty cabinet beneath the sink.

"Nix" Jasper called walking into the kitchen and seeing his wife bent over and halfway into their cabinet.

  A squeak left her lips and she hastily tried to get up but ended up smacking her head on the way out. "Son of a bitch" she hissed, cradling the back of her head as she closed the door as quick as she could. "Hey you" she smiled walking over to greet her husband with a kiss.

  Jasper returned her kiss before his eyes trailed back to the sink, "you uh, cleaning or something?" He asked as he went to step closer to it.

  "Yes!" Nixie exclaimed stepping in front of him and blocking him, "spring cleaning!"

  The vampire stared at his wife and the longer he looked the more he noticed her beginning to fidget. "Spring cleaning" he repeated with a small smile, "in the middle of winter?"

  Nixie acted as if he had slapped her, mouth open in shock before she began to sputter, "w-well I, why you, oh shut up" she blushed before noticing he was holding a box, "what's that?"

  Jasper remembered the box he had and felt himself becoming slightly nervous. "I got you something.. well actually someone gave me this to give you."

  The protectress smiled giddily before grabbing the box he offered her and tearing it open. She got the wrapping off and tore into the box revealing a small purple vial. Her eyes widened in shock as she recognized the liquid inside, "is this...?"

  He watched her green eyes look towards him in surprise and he twiddled his thumbs, "yeah" he answered, "it is."

  "Where did you get this" she squeaked as tears began to build in her eyes, she thought these were all gone.

  "I had a visitor when I was in Brazil and she uh, she gave that to me for you, if you want it of course." He watched her in anticipation, he couldn't tell if she was upset or if they were tears of happiness. He took the time to remember that day while he waited for her reaction.

***

Jasper locked his phone with a sigh, adjusting his pillow as he was about to lay down but a knock on the door caused him to pause. Who the hell could that be?

He stopped moving to listen to whoever was on the other side but they knocked again causing him to flinch. He stood up and slowly made his way over, peaking out peephole but whoever it was, was covering it. Deciding to just get it over with he unlocked the door and swing it open, eyes widening at the person on the other side.

"Well" she hummed, "you just gonna stand there sugar or you gonna move so I come in."

Jasper blinked, "Mama Ida?"

The older woman smiled from the other side of the door, hand on her hip as she stared at the handsome vampire in front of her. "In the flesh baby" she hummed with a toothy smile.

Jasper shook his head before holding the door open and gesturing her inside, "come in ma'am."'

"Pfft" she scoffed as she walked inside, giving Jasper's cheek a little squeeze as she passed him. "Always the gentleman Mr.Whitlock, that's what I love about you."