With Guilt Comes Pain

"Guilt is
     to the spirit,
what
pain is to
     the body."
                                               -Elder David A. Bednar

  The group stood in a tight circle, everyone facing different directions in case she showed up. They sat patiently, waiting for Alice's word.

Nixie stood next to Jasper, hand tightly clasped in his as he gave an anxious squeeze. Their eyes were narrowed, and from an outsiders point of view, they looked positively murderous. They both had their own powerful aura's. But standing there, together, shoulders straight and faces devoid of emotions, they looked absolutely terrifying.

"Are you sure this is where you saw her" Carlisle softly spoke, aiming the question towards his daughter.

"She's almost here" she answered, staring ahead at nothing while the vision of the redheaded vampire played in her head.

Nixie's ears were listening for even the slightest sound to make it's way through the forest. She went to say something to Jasper but the sound of a stick snapping caught her attention, she didn't hesitate to charge in the direction it came from.

Alice's vision also alerted her, "on your left" she cried.

The Cullen's took off in the direction Nixie had went, not questioning how the protector knew where she was before them.

Their blurs traveled the woods at a speed no human would be able to see.

Nixie slowed her pace when Emmett's body caught up to hers, allowing the burly vampire to take the first hit that she knew was coming. And it did, Nixie watched as Emmett reached his arm forward, growling at the vampire he was chasing. His hand gripped her shoulder before she ducked, tossing his body over her head and making him collide with a tree.

Nixie snarled, running past the fallen Emmett and catching back up to Victoria. She ducked under the branch ahead and slid down the small hill, pants ripping at her knees when she came in contact with a rock but it did nothing to slow her down. She watched as Victoria made her way closer to the border, smirking at the protector before jumping onto the wolves territory.

Nixie knew she could follow, but she didn't want to risk the chance of one of the vampires following behind. So instead of jumping over the river, she turned to run along side it.

The Cullens finally made it to the border but Carlisle stopped them, "wait! She's in their territory." They too, turned and followed behind Nixie.

"She'll get away" Esme screamed, trying to keep up with her husband while also keeping an eye on the vampire across the river.

Nixie watched the wolves come into view, their massive bodies hurdling down the hill and towards Victoria.

Jasper watched as well, smirking at their advantage. "No she won't!"

Victoria didn't expect the wolves to catch up so quickly, glancing behind her she took the chance of jumping back over onto the Cullens' territory. Her legs buckled at the landing, causing her to do a quick somersault before jumping back up and continuing the chase.

Victoria used the trees to her advantage, bouncing back and forth between the large trunks and aiming for the higher ground.

Jasper was right on her tail, using her same technique and jumping at her. He didn't expect for her to slide under him, his arms missing her by an inch and his body smacking the hard ground. He gave the dirt an angry punch before standing back up and following his family.