Something I Want

"Loving and fighting,
Accusing - Denying
I can't imagine
a world with you gone."
-Chord Overstreet
(Hold On)

  The Quileutes stood outside Billy's house listening to the older man argue with their Alpha. After Paul relayed the news, Sam rushed to Billy's immediately to inform him of his sons actions.

  "I don't care what he's done" Billy yelled as he followed Sam out of the house in his wheelchair. "He's still my son."

  Sam whipped around to face his elder, "I'm sorry, Billy. Just thought you should know."

  The wolves turned to look at Paul, his eyes staring at the ground unable to meet Billy's.

  "Bella and Nixie are dead" Sam announced causing Billy and Sue to gasp. "It killed them."

  Billy's eyes watered as he thought of the girls his son had befriended. Sue couldn't even look them in the eyes as she remembered the protectress who had helped her children through their fathers death.

  Sam nodded once at their reactions before turning away from the pair, "let's go!" He was quickly followed by the rest of his pack as they raced to the Cullens'.

***

  Jasper stood beside his brother and sister as the wolves approached, fists clenched and the more he thought of his dead lover the angrier he became.

  "We're outnumbered" he noted, eyes jumping from one wolf to the next.

  Alice nodded, "by a lot."

  Edward didn't care though, they weren't getting through. "I won't let them hurt my family." Edward's eyes traveled to his brother who he could tell was still not over tonight's events. "Jasper, are you sure.. he paused when his brother looked at him and tried to reword. "It's just, you never wanted it to end this way, you don't have to fight."

  Jasper's shoulders straightened at his brothers statement, "the difference between then and now, is I have nothing left to lose." With that said, the brothers nodded and left it at that.

  The air was tense as they waited to see who made the first move, Jasper's eyes meeting the gray wolfs, narrowing as it let out a loud snarl.

  Sam didn't wait a second longer, lunging forward, followed closely by the others.

  Jasper watched as Paul headed right for him and although he didn't want to fight Nixie's friend, he knew there was no choice. Paul's large body collided with his and they both went tumbling, Paul snapping his jaws every chance he got while the vampire attempted to avoid them.

  Jasper threw his fist out and connected it with Paul's snout with such force that the wolf went flying back into one of the nearby trees.

  Alice aimed a hit at one of the wolves and deflected its teeth that launched at her. She went to jump over him but let out a scream as one of the others caught her mid air and slammed her into the dirt.

  Edward was quickly overpowered by Sam and he lied defenseless under the alphas giant frame while he growled in his face. Sam's mouth widened in a snarl and as he went to bite the vampire below him he was thrown off as Esme and Carlisle's bodies collided with the side of his, forcing him off their son.