"I Will Love You Forever"

"The best love is
the kind that
awakens the soul;
  that makes us reach
  for more, that plants
the fire in our hearts
and brings peace to
our minds.
That's what I hope
to give you forever."
                          -The Notebook

  "That was mine asshole!" Nixie's voice rang around the bonfire as Paul held her burger out of reach and proceeded to take a huge bite out of it.

  Paul chuckled as she reached for her food, holding it even further away from her reach.

  The rest of the Quileutes laughed at the scene in front of them, Billy staring fondly at the protectress. He had personally asked her to join them tonight to hear their tribe histories and hopefully contribute some of hers as well.

  Nixie ignored Jake and Bella as they walked up, too busy focusing on trying to get her burger back. She let out a frustrated growl before launching herself at Paul and knocking him off the log he sat on.

  "Oof" Paul grunted as his back made contact with the ground beneath him, trying to scramble away from the angry girl but she was far too quick.

  Nixie hurriedly grabbed her food from Paul's hand while he was distracted and stuck her tongue out at him, earning a chuckle and an eye roll. Nixie glanced around at the others, catching sight of Leah across the fire and she gave the girl a big smile, waving at her.

  Leah smiled back at her crazy friend, tossing her a small wave in return.

  Paul caught sight of who Nixie was waving at and let out a scoff. "How can you even be friends with her Nix, she's so bitter." He thought it was odd how all this time Leah has been a complete bitch to everyone and after one conversation with Nixie, they instantly become best friends.

  Nixie saw Leah's smile dim and she heatedly glared at the wolf who spoke, smacking him across the back of the head and earning of surprised huff. "Shut it Paul" she hissed, "maybe I like my friends a little moody, I am friends with you after all."

  Leah smiled when she heard her friend defend her and looked away before anyone saw.

  Paul rubbed his head when Nixie turned away, grumbling, "moody. Pfft, I'm not fuckin moody."

  Nixie shook her head before taking her seat next to him again, smiling when she saw Bella look at her from her spot next to Jake.

  Billy cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention before beginning, "the Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning, but we have always had magic in our blood."

  Nixie listened intently as Billy spoke, she'd heard a lot from her clan when learning about the Lycan shifters, but hearing Billy talk was different. He was one, and hearing the feeling behind his words and how his eyes told the details his lips couldn't, it was mesmerizing.

  "Over time, our enemies have disappeared" Billy spoke, letting his eyes rest on Bella at his next sentence. "But one remains.. the cold ones. Our magic awakens, when they are near." His eyes travelled around the group before stopping on Nixie this time. "Decades after the first shifter, we met another species of protector, only this one didn't shift into an animal like us. They were human, for the most part, except their speed and strength rivaled even ours."

  The pack all looked to Nixie, eyes wide as they took in the information. This was their first time hearing any sort of legend or history about Nixie's kind, they leaned forward as their Chief spoke.

  Billy continued, "these people looked completely human, blending in easily without raising suspicion. At the time, the Chief of our tribe was hesitant on forming an alliance with the unknown people, comparing these protectors to that of the cold ones. It wasn't until one of the protectors took the job of guiding the Chief's daughter, did things change." Billy looked to Nixie and gave her a nod.