"I Did It"

"Sometimes the
wrong choices
lead us to the
right places."
                        -Nathan Pyle

  "Wow" Emmett teased, "done already?"

  Nixie chuckled at his words, laughing even harder when she caught the look Bella was sending him as her and Edward entered the room. Jasper sat next to her, mindlessly checking off the list Alice made them of all the stuff he would be taking to Nixie-.. to his and Nixie's house. He felt lips ghost his cheek, smiling when he looked over capturing Nixie's lips in a quick kiss before she turned back towards the others.

  "Break a lot of stuff" Emmett quizzed, throwing his arms up in mock surrender at Bella's glare.

  "Emmett" she grounded, "no." Her red eyes studied the room, stopping on Nixie and Jasper leaning over their paper before continuing on. "Where's Renesmee?"

  Jake chuckled by the window, "blondie stole her" he replied, nodding outside towards Rose and Nessie.

  The group was startled as the phone rang, Nixie's sad expression lingering as it continued to go unanswered while Bella looked towards it.

  Bella took a hesitant step towards the phone, eyes traveling to Nixie's sullen look and putting the pieces together. "Is that Charlie?"

  "He's been calling twice a day" Edward informed.

  Jake nodded, "he's in pretty rough shape."

  "Eventually, we'll have to tell him you didn't make it" Carlisle sighed, folding his hands on the table in front of him.

  Edward frowned at his wife's slouched form before speaking, "he needs to mourn, Bella."

  Bella was quiet for a few before responding, "okay" she agreed. "We'll do it tomorrow." She felt her heart clench and stepped back towards Edward, wrapping her arms around his to find comfort.

  Emmett let out a sigh as he stood from his seat, "I'm gonna miss this place" he sulked.

  "We'll come back" Carlisle chimed, "we always do."

  Nixie smiled sadly at the vampires while gripping Jasper's hand. The couple had already talked about staying in the area for another year or so before moving on to join the family. They wanted some time to themselves and with Nixie, they would only be seconds away at all times, which made it easier for everyone to accept their decision.

  Jake's mind was racing as he listened from the corner, "wait" he spoke, "nobody said anything about leaving."

  Carlisle looked towards the wolf, "once people believe Bella's dead, we can't risk anyone seeing her."

  "So you just disappear" Jake gaped, aiming a heated look towards the newborn.

  "Jacob, we don't have another choice" Edward retorted attempting to take Jake's attention off Bella.

  Nixie didn't like the look on her friend's face and looked worriedly to Jasper who was still checking off their list.

  He shook his head as he read, "did Alice really buy 100 containers of fish food?"

  Nixie let out a small chuckle, "she's really taken a liking to Fin, she said she doesn't want us starving him while she's not around." She leaned over to get a look at the list and let out a loud cackle, pointing to the last line, "look at what she put!"

  Jasper began reading the last few items on the list, "all 29 pairs of socks; 15 pairs of jeans; 3 extra toothbrushes; 1 Alice" Jasper chuckled at the last one. "Well" he smiled, "she sure is persistent, I'll give her that."