" I Didn't See Them"

"You don't come to my motel and watch me sleep do you?"

Jasper glanced at his girlfriend as the question left her mouth, letting out a light chuckle. Making his way over to her as she sat in the beanbag chair she put in his room and lifting her up and then sitting her back onto his lap as he took her place. "No babe, I don't sneak into your motel and watch you sleep, why do you ask?"

Nixie scrunched her nose as she pulled out her phone, "because Bella texted me saying that Eddy admitted to watching her sleep at night, saying how romantic it is. What the hell is so romantic about Edward being a stalker?" She questioned him, genuinely curious. She thought Bella was nuts, if Jasper snuck into her room and watched her sleep she'd feel a little uncomfortable.

Jasper laughed at her obvious judgement towards the two before asking her "where is Bella anyway? You guys haven't hung out in a minute." He could see the worry lines form on her heads before she quietly stated "I've asked her to hangout a couple times but she shuts me down every time saying she's busy but I know she's just with Edward. In fact, they're together right now telling Charlie about their baseball 'date', I hope Charlie shows Eddy the shotgun I bought him."

"You bought Charlie a shotgun?" He quizzed his mate.

"Well, yeah. Charlie loves guns and I happen to know a bit about them due to my training when I was younger. I figured the least I could do for the man is get him something he'd actually enjoy." She retorted.

Jasper smiled at her as he admired her generosity towards Charlie. The only thing Jasper knew about Nixie's real family was that they were killed the night of her graduation, but she didn't go into specifics, just saying there was a horrible fire. Tilting her head to face him he questioned her "so are you coming to play baseball with my family and I later? We could use another umpire, hell, with your strength you could play if you wanted to."

Nixie's chest tightened at the mention of the baseball game and she didn't know why, but after countless times of feeling that when Bella was in danger she learned not to ignore it. "Of course" she reassured him with a hesitant smile on her face.

Something didn't feel right.
***
Nixie sat off to the side of the baseball field while the others got the bases and everything ready. The tightening in her chest was almost unbearable, but she refused to say anything to Jasper in case she were wrong. Bella and Edward had just showed up, putting the game into motion.

Jasper watched Nixie stare off into the woods, he knew something was wrong with her, she'd been uncharacteristically quiet since they left the house. When he tried asking what was wrong she claimed it was a slight headache and nothing to worry about. Of course he still worried.

Nixie snapped out of her frozen state before slowly making her way to where everyone was standing. Burrowing herself into Jasper's side, she clenched his shirt in her hands before he softly loosened her hold and clasped her hand in his, giving her a reassuring squeeze.

"Bella" Esme greeted, "we're glad you're here, we need an umpire and Nixie is sitting this one out."

"She thinks we cheat" Emmett playfully sneered at his mother.

"I know you cheat" she corrected. "Call them as you see them Bella."

  A crack of thunder echoed around the field. "It's time" Alice announced before putting her game face on. Lifting her arm, Alice pulled the ball upwards before kicking up her leg and releasing the ball straight towards Rosalie.

  If it hadn't been for Nixie's sight she's sure she would've missed the ball, how the hell was Bella supposed to make the calls if she could barely keep up with them?