Visions

"I thought you were
healing me but no,
you broke me even more."

  Nixie walked down the street, sporting her now dry jeans and Paul's oversized shirt he shoved on her to keep her warm. She had went to the Clearwater's to offer her condolences before letting the family mourn in peace. She still held the artifact Harry gave her, knowing it wasn't the right time to give it to the person. She sighed as Bella's house came into view, her and Jacob pulling in the same time Nixie walked up.

  Nixie's eyes trailed to a familiar car sitting outside and her brows furrowed, she jogged up to the passenger side of Bella's truck and banged on the window. The 2 occupants inside jumped, giving the girl a glare. Bella tried to open the door but Jacob caught a whiff of what Nixie was trying to tell them.

  "Wait" he growled, closing the door before Bella could exit, he looked to Nixie and the girl was already heading up to Bella's front door to check it out. "There's a vampire" he informed, watching Bella's eyes widen as she turned her head.

  Bella caught sight of the same car Nixie did and she jumped, "that's Carlisle's car!" She reached for the door again, "they're here." She slid out of her truck and beelined to Nixie who was standing at the door.

  "Bella, it's a trick! Stop! You gotta come with me" Jake begged, catching up to the girl and grabbing her arm.

  Bella whipped around towards the boy, "they won't hurt me" she insisted, looking to Nixie for some help.

  The protector chuckled, won't hurt you? They already did. Of course she didn't say that out loud, she just looked at the 2 before giving Jake a curt nod, letting him know she'd protect her if need be.

  He knew Nixie would never let anything happen to Bella, but he still worried. "If a Cullen is back here, this is their territory. Treaty says we can only defend on our own land. I can't protect you here" he tried to get her to see reason.

  "Okay" Bella retorted, "that's okay. You don't have to. I have Nixie if anything happens."

  Jacob could feel his temper rising, "you're about to cross a line" he growled.

  "Then don't draw one" Bella begged, looking behind her before glancing back at him. "Please?" She turned away from the teen wolf and met Nixie at the door, standing behind the protector as she entered the house.

  Nixie listened, not hearing anything, but the sweet smell of vampire was getting closer, letting her know whoever it was, was still inside. She grabbed Bella's hand and pulled her towards the source, ready to defend her if anyone popped out unexpectedly. They turned the corner and Bella gasped.

  Alice stared at the 2 girls in front of her, the girls that were supposed to be dead.

  "Alice?" Bella exclaimed, instantly pulling the vampire into a tight hug as she squeezed her. "Oh my God! What are you....

  "Bella, Nixie" Alice spoke, disbelief in her tone as she hugged the human back. When they released each other Alice pulled Nixie into a bone breaking hug, breathing in the girl's nonexistent scent.

  "I'm sorry, I just, I can't believe you're here. Is.."

  Alice cut off the awkward girls ramble, stepping back from Nixie and staring at them. "Would you like to explain to me how you're both alive?!" She saw Bella die, how were they standing here right now?

  "What?" They both questioned, glancing at each other before meeting Alice's gold eyes.

  "I saw a vision of you" Alice explained, aiming the statement towards Bella. "You jumped off a cliff. Why in the hell would you try and kill yourself?" She turned to Nixie, "and you! I thought you were dead because Bella was dead, why didn't you try to stop her?!"