Be Still My Beating Heart

"I had all and then most of you,
some and now none of you.
Take me back to the night we met."
-Lord Huron
(The Night We Met)

^^One of my all time favorite songs!!^^

Nixie sat on the edge of the tub, eyes cast towards the floor. Things were amazing, Bella drank the blood and in return gained some strength back and allowing Nixie to do the same. But as the protectress stared at her legs, she realized she might've celebrated too soon.

  Spiderweb like veins crawled their way up her legs, reaching past her hip bones and she watched them literally pulse and grow right before her eyes. Her legs ached, the pain making it difficult to even stand. Every time she stood the aching intensified and she had to bite her lip to hold in her cries.

  "God" she whispered tracing the markings, "just my fucking luck." Nixie could hardly look at them, afraid that her journals might've been wrong and she was going to die. "I'm not ready, I'm so not ready" she growled, "I haven't even finished Dr.Sexy yet!" Her rambles were cut off by an urgent knock on the door.

  "Nix?" She heard Rosalie call and the protectress quickly slid into the leggings that were on the sink.

  "Yeah Rose" Nixie's voice cracked before she cleared her throat and opened the door just enough to poke her head out. "What's up?"

  The blonde vampire eyed her friend with clear concern forgetting what she came to tell her, "you okay?"

  Nixie wanted to slam the door in her face at the question, that God damn question. Was she okay? I don't know, how well can someone be when the life is literally getting sucked out of them every minute of the day?  "Peachy, what do you need?"

  Rose didn't believe her for a second but chose to drop the subject and actually say what she came to. "Carlisle needs everyone in the kitchen" her amber eyes stared into Nixie's green and she felt herself wince at the look of exaggeration the protectress gave her.

  Nixie let out a slight cough causing her legs to wobble and she felt herself panic, "yeah, one sec I gotta wipe my ass" and without waiting for a reply the door was slammed in the vampires face.

  Nixie lifted up her shirt and gasped as the veins crawled their way up her stomach, stopping just below her chest. Her breaths came out faster and for the first time she actually feared the thought of death. Letting out another cough her hand reached up to cover her mouth and she felt something splash against her palm causing her to tear it away.

  "I'm literally a walking corpse" she breathed to herself as she stared at the black tar like substance coating her hand. "Ew" she cringed wiping the goo onto a piece of toilet paper and flushing it, "what the hell is this?!"

  "Nixie" Rosalie called as she pounded on the door.

  "Alright alright" the protector called, taking a deep breath before yanking the door open causing the vampire who was leaning against it to stumble. "Ah watch your step Rose, bit of a dip into the bathroom" she stated as she walked past her friend and towards the kitchen, ignoring the glare on the back of her head.

***

  "Jake" Nixie called as she followed behind the wolf before he could leave the house. "Jacob!"

  Jake froze as he went to open the door, letting out a defeated sigh before turning and facing the raven haired girl. "What Nixie?"