Old men, whiskey and hope

|Jungkook|

|Jungkook|

A few months later

    An 18 year old boy with light brown and ebony coloured eyes was trudging through a forest. His clothes were ripped and dirty, covered in blood, sweat and dirt. His brown hair was disheveled and sweaty, and his pale skin was covered with cuts, sweat and dirt.

In his hand, Jungkook was gripping a sharp hunting knife, his knuckles were turning white from how hard he was holding onto it. A small handgun was attached to his narrow hips and On his back, was a black backpack filled with water, amo, A hoodie and some beef jerky.

Jungkook rarely used his gun, soon after the world went to shit, he found out that noise attracts the inflected. So he preferred to use a knife, or any other sharp object he could find. If there was too many infected, he would just sneak around them or simply run away.

Gun was always his last option.

Gguk reached his hand into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled map. As he continued to inch through the forest, he opened the map and pulled out a red marker.

Jungkook stopped walking for a second and looked down at the map. A town was circled with the red marker, followed by a long line leading across the forest from its left. Gguk pulled the cap of the marker off with his teeth and raised it to draw the line a bit longer.

The sound of growls and leaves crunching reached his ears, causing him to glance up. Gguk sighed and shoved the map back into his pocket, not caring that it got even more crumpled. He pulled the marker's cap out from in between his teeth and closed the marker, shoving it back into his pocket.

An inflected man was stumbling through the woods aimlessly. It's yellow eyes snapped towards Gguk and the growls increased once it noticed him.

The boy raised an unimpressed brow and walked towards the infected. It reached its hands out, trying to grab him, but Gguk was quick to dodge its futile attempts and slam his foot into the back of its knee. The infected growled as it fell to its knees yet it still tried to take a bite out of Gguk.

The boy rolled his eyes and brought the hunting knife down and into its skull, effortlessly killing it. Jungkook turned away and continued his path towards the town.

His main goal was to get in and out of the town without being caught. He was running out of water and food so he needed to gather some supplies. Yet the dead wasn't Jungkook's main worry, he was even more scared to come across the living.

Gguk had come across a group a few months back. He joined them but as time passed, he began to notice their true colours. The people in it had some psychopathic tendencies. They enjoyed killing the dead a bit too much and Gguk had even witnessed them killing off innocent people.

No, it wasn't a gun to the head, they literally stabbed the poor family of 5, to death. It was gruesome and completely disgusting. As soon as that happened, Gguk snuck out at night and left the group. He feared that he might stumble upon a group like that and have the same fate as that family.