Korean

⚠️ Trigger warning! ⚠️

   When Jungkook was a child, a boy purposefully tripped him, making him trip and slam against the ground. A feeling of pain and fear washed over him as he helplessly laid on the ground, staring up at the blue sky, only to be blinded by the blaring sun.

He remembered how he felt weak and pathetic- tears rolling down his chubby cheeks and loud cries leaving his chapped lips. But then everything was better, because a pair of arms grabbed him by his armpits, and lifted him off the ground and into his mother's warm embrace.

Jungkook remembered her sweet murmurs and her gentle caresses as she rocked him side to side. He remembered how the ice cream tasted, when she brought him to an ice cream shop to cheer him up. He remembered how his high pitched giggles mixed together with her breeze like laughs. He remembered how the sun shone on her through the window, illuminating her delicate features and making her skin glow like an angel.

Jungkook remembered it all- all the little details and all the unimportant stuff, because to Jungkook, that's what mattered the most- the little things. And maybe that's why it was so hard to breathe when he was laying on the ground- sharp grass digging into his exposed skin and sun glaring down at him. Maybe it was because it reminded him too much of when he was little, but this time, there was no one to pick him back up.

Jungkook swallowed down the lump in his throat and rolled onto his stomach, looking around in confusion. Gunshot after gunshots echoed throughout the air, stabbing him in the eardrums and making his head pound.

Everything had happened so suddenly- the first gunshot pierced through the air and Taehyung didn't waste time as he pushed Kook to the ground for cover. Jungkook was too shocked to protest and before he could even say anything to Taehyung, the male had left him to crawl over to Hershel.

Jungkook's hair fell into his face as he looked down at his dirt covered hands. He continued to listen to the gunshots before shutting his eyes and steeling himself. The fear and confusion, in him, washed away, becoming nothing but a jumbled mess of emotions that he had pushed down.

Jungkook's eyes fluttered back open and he swung his head around to look at Hershel and Taehyung- the latter helping him to the ground before pulling out his gun and checking the amo. Taehyung looked so serious and confident in the moment, not seemingly bothered by the sudden attack. Jungkook admired how he looked so calm and collected, as if he had all the answers in the world and as if he knew what to do in this situation.

The calmness radiated off of Taehyung, and Jungkook sucked it right up. His expression hardened, and he pushed himself off of the ground and onto his knees. He peered over the tall grass, sharp gaze immediately falling onto the pickup truck outside their gates. Jungkook could see men standing on top of the truck and some even surrounding it, but what caught his attention was the tall man in a trench coat. He was swinging his gun around with a grin on his face, not caring about the bullets he had just wasted or who he shot.