Sketch

The tip of the pencil glided across the paper, leaving behind a trail of blackness that connected and entwined with other lines

   The tip of the pencil glided across the paper, leaving behind a trail of blackness that connected and entwined with other lines. The pencil was lifted from the paper, only to be moved to the other side of it to continue it's path there.

The grip on the pencil tightened and the end of it was pressed harder into the paper until it snapped. The broken end rolled down the piece of paper and fell into Jungkook's lap just as he lifted the pencil from the paper.

A single tear rolled down Jungkook's cheek and landed on the paper, causing the paper to darken and the pencil lines to smudge together. Inhaling sharply, Jungkook put down the pencil with a shaky hand before looking down at his drawing.

Kolten's sinister eyes stared back at him- his lips tugged up into a nasty smirk, that revealed his rotten teeth, and his beard was tangled in messy curls. The tattoos covering his shaved skull were drawn precisely, every detail of Kolten burned into Jungkook's mind, not allowing him to forget.

Jungkook's jaw clenched and his features darkened, his hair fell into his eyes, covering the raw hatred in them. Without looking away from Kolten's eyes, Jungkook picked up his pencil before digging the end of it into Kolten's right eye. Jungkook's grip on the pencil tightened as he slashed at the paper with the broken pencil, until Kolten's face was unrecognisable.

Heavy breaths fell from Jungkook's lips and his grip on the pencil tightened as he stared down at shredded paper. Huffing, Jungkook shut his sketch book and threw it in the corner of his cell, allowing the broken pencil to slip from his fingers and land on the ground.

Jungkook sat up in his bed, wincing as he shifted his legs to dangle them over the edge of the bed. He looked down at his exposed legs, pulling the black shorts, that nearly reached his knees, further down. His legs were covered in small scratches that had already began to heal and form scabs over them. On the middle of his left thigh, you could see Jungkook's 9 stitches from his gun wound.

Jungkook placed his elbows on his knees and pressed his face into the palms of his hands. He continued to listen to the sound of Hershel, Carl and Beth talking among each other while sitting on the bottom of the stairs outside of the cells. He couldn't make out what they were saying, only the sound of their murmurs and the emotion in their words.

The sound of distant screams mixed together with the group's murmurs, overpowering their voices and cutting off their conversation. Jungkook's head snapped up and he looked at his locked cell door with furrowed brows, ears straining as he tried to hear more of the screams. The prison was silent, for a second making Jungkook think that the screams were the creation of his mind, only for another high pitched scream to echo throughout the prison.

Jungkook's eyes widened as he listened to the screams coming from the tunnels underneath the prison. The voices of his group resumed and he could hear the panic and confusion filling their words. He listened to them shuffle around before the sound of small footsteps mixed together with a door creaking open.