Lean on me

Sleep is essential to the human body, it can improve concentration and productivity, along with affecting emotions and social interactions

Sleep is essential to the human body, it can improve concentration and productivity, along with affecting emotions and social interactions. Unfortunately, Taehyung was no stranger to nights of forcing himself to stay awake, in order to escape the nightmares he'd ensue. The only way he'd allow himself to fall asleep is, if he's so exhausted that he's reached the point of collapsing. This way, Taehyung ensures that he'd be too exhausted to allow his nightmares to haunt him in his most vulnerable state.

A yawn tore of out Taehyung's mouth as he ruffled his raven hair and blinked down at the drawing on the ground. Glenn and Carl were sitting on opposite sides of the drawing of the layout of the prison. Carl was trying to explain to Glenn where he had found Tyreese's group, so that they'd know where the weak spot in the prison was located.

"Right." Glenn muttered, using the chalk to draw another room to the layout, "Now you said that you found Tyreese's group here?" Glenn looked up at Carl, tapping his fingers against the box he had just drawn.

Taehyung released a deep sigh and shifted on his feet, pulling up his sleeves and crossing his arms over his chest. He seemed almost bored as he watched Carl nod, only for Glenn to furrow his brows and huff, "We secured this."

Carl bit his lip, eyes flickering from Glenn to the drawing, before he leaned over and pointed at another room, "He thought he came through here."

"That mean's there's another breach." Glenn sighed, pressing a hand against his forehead and running it down his face, "Okay." Glenn pulled his hand back and looked up at the rest of the group. Carol and Axel were sitting at a metal table, while Maggie and Beth were leaning against the wall to Glenn's right. On the opposite side of them, stood Michonne and Taehyung, who were leaning against a weird cage thingy.

"The whole front of the prison is unsecure. If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be a cake for a group of armed men." Glenn sighed, eyes dancing between the group members until they ended up glued to the prison layout under his feet.

"Why are we even so sure he's gonna attack?" Beth asked softly, shifting her weight from one foot to another, "Maybe you scared him off." He shrugged.

Taehyung's lips twitched into an amused smile and he looked down at the ground, trying to hide the smile from everyone. The girl's nativity to the situation and the true nature of the people, was quite amusing and adorable to Taehyung.

But while one part of him was amused, another part of him was jealous, jealous because he had never truly experienced this level of innocence. Taehyung was exposed to the horrors of the world and the true nature of humans, at a very young age. It had completely shattered his trust in humanity and destroyed his naive way of viewing the world.

Taehyung had always wondered how it would feel like to have a normal, loving family- Would he be the same as he is now? Would he even be here right now? These questions would never be answered, but if Taehyung closed his eyes, he could always imagine.