BFF

Shock, fear, confusion, denial

Emotion after emotion surged through Taehyung- mixing together and blending into a pile of numbness. His thoughts gnawed at him, not allowing him to forget or shake off the information he had just found out.

Denial played a big part in this situation- prancing around the jumbled mess that was his emotions and prodding at his thoughts. He couldn't believe Rick wanted to trade him and Michonne to the Governor for the peace between the two groups. Taehyung didn't remember Rick being like this. He wondered if the new world had changed him into the person he was today, or if Rick had always been this way, and Taehyung's judgement had been clouded because Rick was the first person to treat him with kindness.

Taehyung couldn't be sure, he couldn't blame Rick either, because if he was in the leader's place, he would trade two strangers for the safety of his family too. The more Taehyung thought things through, the more he realised that he had pledged his life to Rick and allowed him to do whatever he wanted with it, because he had saved him. Taehyung only now realised how dumb his statement was, but at the time, he never thought that Rick would actually go through with it and bargain with his life.

Oh, how he wished he could take his words back.

Truthfully, Taehyung was quite numb towards the whole ordeal. The thought of sacrificing his life for a whole group of people, seemed quite pleasant. It was way better than getting bit and laying in your cell as you inhale your last breaths, or even fighting in a battle for the prison and dying among the rest of them. At least someone would remember him. The only thing that scared him was the thought of the governor torturing him and Michonne, and watching him kill her first. He was scared of the emotional and physical pain that the Governor could boast upon them, so he hoped for a quick death. Which he probably wouldn't get since the governor would take pleasure from torturing them and dragging out their deaths for as long as possible.

The soles of Taehyung's boots dragged against the hot pavement and the wires, wrapped around his wrists, swayed from side to side. His ebony coloured eyes lazily took in the houses surrounding him before finally settling on Michonne, who was walking next to him.

Michonne's hands were tied with bright red wires, while his own were a boring black. Michonne's dreadlocks swayed from side to side with each step she took, and her dark green jacket ruffled behind her. The woman's face was blank and lacked emotion as she rolled her eyes and continued to listen to Merle babble, all while giving short and vague answers.

Speaking of Merle, Taehyung was pleasantly surprised by the male's quick wit and dedication in kidnapping both of them from the prison. Merle accomplished this nearly impossible task by baiting both- Michonne and Taehyung- down to the tunnels underneath the prison by luring there a few walkers. And as they were fighting them off, Merle snuck up to them and knocked out Michonne before grabbing her and threatening Taehyung, that he'll slit her throat if he tries to attack him.