It's okay

Ash coloured skin peeled off a skeletal hand, revealing the bone hidden beneath the layer of blood and tissue

Ash coloured skin peeled off a skeletal hand, revealing the bone hidden beneath the layer of blood and tissue. The boney fingers reached out and slid into the stomach of a dead body before grabbing a liver and pulling it out. Blood dripped from the still warm organ and rolled down the dirt covered arms, only for the hands to lift the organ up to a blood coated mouth and for rotten teeth to sink into the organ.

The mouth moved, all while releasing grumbles from deep inside the throat of the walker. The slam of a car door caused the walker to lift its head and release a throaty growl, only for an arrow to fly through the air and plunge into its forehead. The walker went silent and fell to the ground limply, the organ hit the ground and rolled a few centimetres, leaving behind a path of scarlet red.

Coffee coloured eyes lingered on the dead walker before flickering to the rest of the bodies littering the empty road. Two large trucks were parked on the side of the road with the dead bodies of the Woodburians sprinkled around the road and field. Some Woodburians had been shot in the head, while others were shot in the stomach or chest to bleed out, which left them to turn and feast upon the dead bodies of their companions.

Jungkook took in the sight with wide eyes and parted lips. He didn't understand what had happened to these people because he knew this wasn't the result of his group. His mind briefly flashed back to the governor and he immediately tried to find his black trench coat among the dead Woodburians, but he didn't see him anywhere. For a split second the possibility that The governor had done this, crossed his mind but Jungkook didn't believe that he would be that cruel to just spontaneously murder his entire group.

Jungkook took a few cautious steps towards a dead body, while Rick and Daryl killed the remaining walkers. The eerie atmospheres rose as the last growl cut out, leaving the group in silence. Jungkook analysed the blood dripping out of the hole in the side of the head of a girl and the way her body was sprawled across the road as if she was trying to run. He took a step back at the sight of her parted lips and empty eyes peering up at the bright sky.

"What do you think happened here?" A breathy murmur escaped Jungkook's lips as he turned away from the ominous sight to look at the rest of the group.

Daryl was standing with his back turned to one of the trucks as he observed the scene, while Rick placed his hands on his hips and released a deep exhale. Michonne remained lingering near their car, while watching them from distance, and Taehyung leaned his shoulder against the side of the truck and twirled his knife between his fingers.

Daryl shared a brief look with Rick before turning to answer Jungkook, but just as Daryl's lips parted to speak, a loud thud behind him made the group jump and raise their weapons in that direction. Jungkook's eyes widened as he saw a female staring back at them through the window of the truck. Her eyes were wide and filled with fear, and her chest rose and fell as she released harsh pants. The glass fogged up as her hot breath caressed it and her palms pressed against the glass, leaving behind sweaty hand-prints.