Guns, bullets and idiots

|Jungkook|

|Jungkook|

   The few hours Jungkook had spent in a room full of tension and whiskey, ended with the light of day disappearing and darkness taking over. The bar had originally been dark, the result of the dirty windows and the curtains preventing the light from entering. But when the sun went down, Gguk had to let his eyes adjust so that he could see properly.

"Holy shit." Glenn breathed out as he came up beside Gguk, and stared down at the lifeless body of Tony.

Rick looked at Glenn, his lips forming into a straight line,"You were right."

Jungkook glanced in between the two, wondering if he'd miss something. The boy wasn't that stupid, well, his grades weren't the greatest, average, at best. But in Gguk's mind, grades didn't determine your intelligence. Maybe it was just an excuse for his grades, but he was always better at doing things that involved real life situations, rather than solving math problems.

So when these two men, he met a few hours prior, shared a few sentences he didn't understand, caused him to feel stupid and lef- wait, what if he miss-heard what Rick said? What if he didn't say 'you were right', what if he said something else? But what did Rick say?

Jungkook pouted at the thought, wondering what the cop could've said. His dark eyes were unfocused as he stared off in space, completely oblivious to his surroundings. The group finished their conversation and were about to leave, until they finally noticed the daydreaming boy.

"Jungkook, lets go." Rick gently nudged him as he walked past the boy towards the exit.

The said boy snapped out of his thoughts and looked up with owlish eyes. He was quick to catch up with the other three and walk alongside Glenn, who sent him a shaky grin.

Before they could even come close to the door, the lights of a car flashed over the building, followed by the sound of an engine.

"Car! Car!" Rick whispered, stating the obvious.

Gguk, along with the rest, quickly ran towards the door and ducked behind one of the walls next to it. The boy released an unnecessary breath of annoyance before rolling his eyes and giving Rick a look that read 'Really? I never noticed.'

A tense silence brushed over his shoulders once he heard the car turn back and stop right in front of the bar. Jungkook's hand slowly inched towards his gun and he carefully pulled it out, trying to make as little noise as possible.

Even though he hated wasting bullets and using a gun in general, he will do so if the situation required. He won't go into a gun fight with a knife. Yet he couldn't deny that his hands trembled as he held the weapon. His fingers tightened around the gun, turning his knuckles white.

The car's engine turned off before a few men stepped out, Gguk couldn't be sure how many. The only sound that reached his ears were Glenn's shaky breaths and his heart beating against his rib cage.