Brat

|Jungkook|

|Jungkook|

   Some consider knowledge to be a burden, but the burden of knowledge is lighter than the joy of ignorance. In Jungkook's case, the realisation that someone is following him, lead to him perceiving every little snap of branch as threatening. He couldn't get the sound of footsteps and the feeling of eyes crawling over his skin, like thousands of ants, out of his mind.

Yet the heavy weight in his chest was still better than walking around with a false sense of security. Maybe this realisation was exactly what Jungkook needed to bring him down to earth and realise, that no matter what he does, no matter where he goes or who he's with, he's never gonna be safe.

So Jungkook was left with no other choice- he ran. His footsteps and pants could be heard throughout the eerie quiet forest. But maybe if Jungkook wasn't so desperate to hear the familiar sound of footsteps behind him, he would hear the sound of birds chirping and walkers growling in the distance.

Sweat clung to Jungkook's skin, soaking in his grey shirt and creating a path of dark grey down his chest. Wet, sweaty strands of dark brown hair fell down his forehead, covering his brows and reaching his eyes.

Jungkook pushed past trees and branches, dodging the grabbing hands of any stray walkers. His chapped lips released a row of shallow breaths and his backpack swung from side to side as he ran.

Pushing his legs to move faster, Jungkook pushed through the curtain of leaves and jumped into a road. Jungkook paused and slowly crossed the road, glancing over his shoulder to try and see if anyone was there.

He entered the forest on the other side of the road before hiding behind a tree and staring at the forest he had just left. Maybe it was Daryl. Maybe Rick sent him after me. Jungkook thought, eyeing the forest behind him, only for the sound of wind howling and birds chirping to fill his ears. No sound of leaves crunching under the weight of a person could be heard. Maybe Jungkook was just paranoid being out there alone, maybe solitude wasn't influencing him in a good way.

Warily, Jungkook pushed away from the tree and began to follow the road, knowing that there had to be some kind of store along the road.