R̵̬̽e̸̳͊a̵̓͜l̵̜̍ï̸͖ț̶̇y̵͆͜

Jungkook felt like he was shoved under water- the soft humming in his ears echoed in his empty mind and floated around his head

   Jungkook felt like he was shoved under water- the soft humming in his ears echoed in his empty mind and floated around his head. His body felt heavy, yet so comfortable, as if he was laying on a fluffy cloud, wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket.

Jungkook could feel something wet touch his forehead before sliding down the tip of his nose. His nose twitched and his brows knitted together, causing the wet thing on his face to stop moving.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook's eyes fluttered open and his lips parted to inhale a deep breath of air. The sight of a bunk bed right above him, caused his face to scrunch up in confusion before he heard a small gasp next to him.

"Jungkook!"

The said boy sluggishly turned his head to the side to look at Beth, who was crouching next to his bed, holding a wet rag in her hand. There was a bowl of water next to her- the water coloured a dark brown with a hint of red.

"How do you feel?" Beth asked softly, her innocent blue eyes gleaming in happiness as her pink lips tilted into a small smile.

Jungkook furrowed his brows in confusion, not understanding what's happening. His breathing began to quicken as he stared back at Beth before looking down at the bloody rag in her hand. He shifted in his bed, noticing that he was in his cell, only to cry out softly as ripples of pain ran throughout his leg and stomach.

"Careful!" Beth quickly scolded, placing her small hands on his arm to stop him from moving.

As her hand touched his, Jungkook realised that there wasn't a layer of protection between their bodies. He snapped his head down, only to see that he was laying on his bed without a shirt. His stomach was painted with shades of green and blue, the two shades mixing together and twirling across his muscles.

Jungkook's breathing began to quicken as small flashes and snippets of memories burned into his mind. His throat clogged up and his eyes burned due to the unshed tears, "I can't...can't breathe." He gasped out, pushing his hands against the bed to sit up, only for another wave of pain to rush through him.

"Stop!" Beth cried out in distress, trying to be as gentle as possible as she pressed her hands against his shoulders to push him back down on the bed.

Jungkook shook his head, his hands flying up to grab her wrists and push her away. His breathing quickened and his muscles clenched due to the pain. His vision flashed from the prison cell to the forest, and for a second, Jungkook could feel a soft breeze ruffle his hair and the light of the fire dance across his skin. Kolten's grinning face and rotten teeth flashed before his eyes, only to be pushed away by Marley's lifeless gaze staring back at him.