Taehyung's debt

|Jungkook|

|Jungkook|

   The sound of footsteps approaching his cell, caused Jungkook to sit up on his bed and stare at the door with wide eyes full of anxiety. His heart thumped in his chest and he could feel his throat clog up, preventing him from uttering a word.

The person stopped in front of the cell, earning a soft gasp from Jungkook. Rick stared at Jungkook for a second before pulling out a chain of keys and inserting a key into the lock. Jungkook's brows furrowed in confusion, Taehyung's words flashing into his mind, as he watched Rick effortlessly unlock the cell before stepping inside.

"Rick." Jungkook murmured under his breath, pulling his legs closer to himself as Rick approached him and sat down on the edge of his bed. Kook winced as he shifted his leg, the pain, from ripping his stitches, catching up to him.

Rick noticed him wincing and glanced down at his thigh, he sighed, seeing the jeans wrapped around Jungkook's legs, "Take those off, let your wound breathe. Hershel will come here after a few minutes to fix your stitches."

Jungkook chewed on his lip, nodding and kneading his black shirt, "Are you gonna yell at me?" He whispered, looking down at his hands.

Rick released a deep breath, eyeing Jungkook before placing a hand on top of Kook's shaking ones, "I wanted to....at first, but I talked to Hershel and he made me realise.....a few things." Jungkook looked up with furrowed brows, surprised that Rick wasn't loosing his shit, "Why give you another reason to leave?" Rick chuckled under his breath, repeating Hershel's words.

One of the main reason for not coming back sooner, was Jungkook's fear of facing the group. He expected them to be furious about him leaving, and he thought that they would scream and scold him before forbidding from ever leaving the prison again. So instead of facing the consequences of his actions, it was easier for Jungkook to run away from them.

"Are you...are you angry at me?" Jungkook asked quietly, wincing as he thought about Rick's answer. He stared down at his hands, watching as Rick slowly pulled his own hand away.

"I was angry," Jungkook's face twisted into a guilty expression before he slowly peeked up at Rick through his hair, "But I was confused and worried too. I didn't understand why you left and I wondered what I did wrong," Jungkook began to shake his head but Rick shushed him and continued to speak, "You left without a word and none of us knew about it. We didn't know where you went or where you were, and we were worried about you because we thought that you would get hurt out there and we would never see you again."

"I'm sorry....I..I didn't.." Jungkook choked quietly, tears gathering in the corners of his eyes and threatening to spill over, "I didn't mean to....I really....I just...." Jungkook choked up, his breathing quickening and his eye glossing over as the guilt and raw pain ate him up, "I just wanted....wanted to be worthy of being here...with all of you. I...I wasn't strong enough and you...all of you always knew what to do but I...I was just....there." Jungkook whispered through trembling lips, glaring down at his shaking hands.