Nightmares, eggs and introductions

|Jungkook|

|Jungkook|

   The sound of growls and snarls echoed throughout the abandoned market. A horde of infected were banging on the glass doors, trying to get in.

The reason for their actions was simple- a young boy was running in between the isles, taunting the dead. He grabbed everything he saw, stuffing them inside his black pack pack while simultaneously ignoring the infected outside.

His forehead dripped with sweat and his hands trembled in fear as he picked up food, water and other necessities. The boy's muscles ached in fatigue and tears burned his onyx coloured eyes.

The boy, Jungkook, was scared shitless. He was trying not to break down in tears while staring at the horde trying to get to him. Images of him being ripped to shreds by the horde kept flashing through his mind. Yet Jungkook pushed past the need to panic and continued to gather everything he could.

Jungkook glanced at the door, his eyes widened and his breathing quickened when he noticed some infected picking up other objects, like rocks, to smash the glass doors.

Jungkook decided that this was a good time to leave, so he put the last bottle of water in his bag and zipped it shut. He pulled it around his shoulders and winced at the weight of the backpack, but nonetheless turned around and dashed through the isles, towards the place where he entered the store.

Jungkook paled and froze when he heard the sound of the glass doors shattering behind him. The boy allowed himself to look over his shoulder. Through teary eyes, he saw the growling and moaning infected push through the broken door and enter the store.

Jungkook went back to running as the infected pushed past each other, trying to reach the boy first. Gguk reaches the end of the isle and looked back. The infected shuffled after him, hands reaching out, ready to grab him.

Gguk brushes away his sweaty hair and acted impulsively- he grabbed a hold of the shelf to his right and began to pull it. His muscles screamed in protest and his fingers trembled as he gripped the tall shelf. Yet Jungkook was determined. A low groan left his lips as the shelf finally began to topple over.

Jungkook looked back at the infected, only for him to let out a yelp and jerk back. Some of them had already reached him, ready to reach out and grab him before sinking their teeth into his skin.

The shelf, Jungkook had pulled, continued to fall until it fell on top of the infected with a loud thud. Gguk didn't have time to cough due to all the dust in the room, because one of the infected had grabbed the sleeve of his shirt.

Jungkook let out a small scream when the infected snapped its teeth inches away from his wrist. Gguk raised his foot before slamming it down on the infected's head. The walking corpse growled and moaned while Gguk continuously slammed his foot down on its head.