Handsome roommate

"They're back!"

"They're back!"

Jungkook's head snapped up towards the direction of the shout. His mind immediately flashed to Maggie and Glenn, making him grab his crutch and stand up from his place on the stairs.

Jungkook limped through the prison, his heart pounding in his chest and excitement bubbling in his stomach. He entered the main room and stood in the middle of it, eyes sparkling with hope as he stared at the door leading into the courtyard. Ignoring the stares coming from the unfamiliar group, Jungkook nipped at his bottom lip and shifted on his feet, trying to prevent himself from bouncing in excitement.

The sound of boots smacking against the metal steps filled the air, making Jungkook perk up and look at the door with giddiness. He held his breath as he watched Beth walk into the prison with a large grin on her face. Jungkook's self control was completely shattered at the sight of Maggie walking through the door of the prison. Her hair was a centimetre longer than Jungkook remembered and her skin was paler, and he could even see bags resting under her eyes.

Jungkook's face lit up with a large bunny smile- his lips parting to reveal his two front bunny teeth and his eyes squeezing shut due to the grin. His hands were trembling and his breath came out in quick huffs. Kook was practically bouncing on his feet as he waited for Maggie to spot him.

And when she did, Maggie froze in her steps, her face crumbing as she took a step back. Maggie blinked a few times before releasing a shaky breath, "Jun...Jungkook?"

Jungkook's smile faltered and he suddenly looked like a kicked bunny, thinking that Maggie wasn't happy to see him. His shoulders slouched and he pouted, looking down at the ground as he gave Maggie an ashamed nod.

Maggie snapped out of her shocked state, allowing a smile to split her face apart as she ran down the stairs towards Jungkook. Before he could realise what was happening, Maggie threw her arms around him and squeezed him into a tight hug.

Jungkook perked up again, releasing his hold on his crutch to wrap his arms around Maggie. The crutch fell to the ground with a thud but neither of them reacted to it. Jungkook's hands shook and his eyes glossed over with tears as he felt Maggie's familiar warmth engulf him. He pressed his face into Maggie's neck, trying to hide the raw wave of emotion that flashed across his face.

"God, I was so scared that...that I wouldn't see you again." Maggie's voice trembled as she whispered, brushing her hand over Jungkook's back to soothe him.

Jungkook didn't respond in fear of breaking down into sobs. He pressed his face harder into her neck, inhaling the scent of sweat mixing together with a hint of lavender shampoo. Jungkook released a shaky breath and tightened his hold on Maggie, eyes shutting and body finally relaxing.

"Kook...what's wrong?" Maggie asked in a hushed whisper, her voice dripping with concern after feeling something wet land on her neck and roll down her skin.