Perfect.

*beep* *beep* *beep*
Lifting my head from under my pillow once again I slammed my hand in the air desperately trying to find the snooze button. Finally finding it, I buried my head under the pillow hiding myself from the daylight. "Lauren, Lauren?" The voice echoed through the hallways, "Lauren?" The voice was now outside my bedroom door, their fist pounding against the door. "IT'S 9AM WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I screamed. "Out of bed now, shower, dressed - make yourself look presentable, you're meeting Daryl and his son today" my mum stood in front of my bed her stern green eyes locked on mine her hands placed on her hips waiting for me to move.
"What if I don't want to meet them" I groaned breathing in the cold air around me, "Lau, do this for me? Please? I really, really like him and maybe if you give him a chance you'd like him too" her eyes softened as she spoke, nothing could compare to dad, so I don't see what was so special about this bloke. But obeying her anyway, I could cash in the favour later, I sat up in my bed flopping my feet over the edge of the bed "Fine" I mumbled under my breath. "YAY. Thank you, thank you, you're going to love them" She placed a kiss on my forehead before swanning off to make herself look perfect.

Rising from my bed, I ran my hand through the purple knots that where currently on top of my head, making my way to my en suit I switched the shower on before climbing in and letting the beads of warm water fall around me.

I don't like places that give me enough freedom to think; the shower being one of those. My mind will wander back to when everything was alright, when dad was still here, when mum didn't go out every single night with her new boyfriend, when we were a family.
Switching the shower off, I climbed out drying my hair, applying a thin layer of foundation and a bit of mascara and chucking on some 'presentable clothing' I climbed down the oak stairs presenting myself to my mother.

"Right they will be here in five, grab something to eat quick because we won't be eating until late this afternoon I booked a restaurant" her voice drowned on and on, as she continually tidied the living area, I rolled my eyes at her pathetic attempts to be presented as perfect to her perfect boyfriend and his perfect son.