Scared🥀

"Hi sweetheart!" His mother's voice beamed over the phone line and Jimin chuckled

"Hi mom. How are you and dad?" He heard shuffling and his father's voice was soon to be heard from the other end.

"Ah well isn't it my son. How are you Jimin?"

"I'm doing well I just came from class-"

"hurry up and put him on speaker!" He can hear his mother say

"I'm trying!" He laughed and waited a bit

"Continue."

"Well I just came from class and I'm about to head to head to work in a few minutes." they both made a sound of understanding.

"How's Leejin?" he says asking about his little brother.

"He's doing really well in school, Just like you!" Jimin smiles.

"Speaking of school It's been so crazy I have a lot to tell you guys. Maybe I should come to Busan this weekend?" He could hear his mom get excited.

"Honey do you hear that! He's coming this weekend!" He pulls the phone away from his ears and laughs again.

"Yeah, and I'm bringing someone as well."

"Your Girlfriend?! He's bringing his girlfriend!" Jimin cringed and cleared his throat.

"Mom it's not a g-"

"I've gotta brainstorm the best meal for you and her. Bye honey, we love you!" The line went dead and he facepalmed and put his phone on the seat next to him.

His mom had always been energetic and wonderful. He appreciated her so much, but sometimes she was a little too much joyful he couldn't get his words in.

Jimin took a deep breath before deciding to head to work

_____________________

Jungkook always kept a smile on his face while he was at work, besides lately he's no reason to be sad.

"Thank you enjoy your day." He bows as the customers walking out. He'd been texting his mom ever since he talked to her on the phone even on his shift.

"Why are you texting?" Yoongi walks in and Jungkook drops his phone in surprise and Yoongi laughs. "I'm joking I could care less Just make sure my grandma doesn't walk in on you texting." Jungkook nods and picks up his phone.

"What are you doing?" His grandma suddenly appears from the back door as Yoongi walks to the refrigerator aisle.

"Not getting a beer." He says with a smile. His grandmother scolds him and hits him in the back of his head with her purse.

"Ow!" He says with a smile on his face.

"You're just like your father. How's that boyfriend of yours?" She says pulling him from the beer he was getting ready to pick up.

"He's doing well. He got released last night I'm going to check on him after I get my beer."

"Don't you even think about it young man." she points to the door of the convenient store and he groans and waves at Jungkook as he walked out.

"These kids now a day, you boys never know your danger." she says disappearing into the bathroom. Jungkook laughs as the door opens again and he gets ready to greet them until he saw who it was.

"Ahh, I thought I saw you." Jungkook's smile faltered and he stepped back a little all though he was behind the counter.

"If you're not buying anything g-get out." He points to the door and Sungjae laughs.

"Oh come on princess, don't you remember us?" He says holding out his hands. the boy shakes his head and looks down he was so close to crying.

"Don't act like you didn't hurt me. Don't walk back into my life so suddenly so you can take away a part of me again." He smiles.

"Jungkookie was hurt when I left him on purpose, how cute." He looks at Jungkook.

"Just look how vulnerable you are. have you lost your virginity yet? In all honesty, I just wanted to play with you sexually." He walks around to the counter.

"But you just wouldn't give it to me." Jungkook felt weak. Not the type of weak he'd feel when he was with Jimin. He was scared.

"Just leave. Now." He says one last time before he stumbles over something.

"What your boyfriend isn't here to save you this time?" He walks behind the counter and approaches him. Now Jungkook wanted to scream. He closed his eyes as tears dripped from his eyes as he felt helpless.

Suddenly he heard a thump and Sungjae fell on the ground. To his convenience, Jimin stood over him with a beer bottle and dropped it.

The look on Jungkook's face broke Jimin's heart as the boy rushed to hug Jimin. Jimin wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist.

"Thank goodness I was here on time." He mumbles softly he could feel Jungkook's tears soak through his sweater.

"Don't cry baby I'm here now." He says. He kisses Jungkook on his forehead and his sobs became louder. Each time it dug Jimin deeper into a never-ending pit of heartbreak.

**

Now that Jimin was sure that guy had gone off to jail, he massaged Jungkook's head and he sighed in satisfaction.

This was their new nature. Every night it was a routine to lay in bed and enjoy the presence of each other. A routine to build deeper feelings for each other.

"How do you know when someone is in love?" Jungkoook whispers. Jimin tenses up and clears his throat?

"W-why?" He bites his lip and Jungkook looks up at him.

"The characters in my book are supposed to be in love." Jimin's shoulder relaxes and he began to think although he didn't even know the answer himself.

"I've been trying to wonder that myself Kookie. I guess it's the feeling of belonging with the person. And you feel empty when they're gone. Maybe even if you feel like the world is just looking in the two of them. You just admire everything about them. even down to the way they giggle when they laugh." Jimin stopped and a realization hit him.

"I guess the characters are in love." Jungkook says slyly. The older hums and Jungkook soon falls asleep. Jimin carefully reaches for his phone and he searches for one particular contact.

Yoongi, I think I figured it out