Let Me Help.

Chaeyoung's world hasn't been very bright and happy like she used to be. She feels alone, and lost. She's too anxious to go to school, but that's where all of her friends are. She ended up being homeschooled, which deprived her from socialization.

She grew extremely depressed, and started to injure herself. 'Who even cared anyways?' Chaeyoung constantly thought when she looked at the red lines on her arms.

Her friends don't talk to her anymore, she had to message them first or they'll go months without talking. How can you just abandon a friend? Someone you used to talk to everyday? Chaeyoung's heart was broken and lost.

Her parents only cared about her education. They never asked her if she was doing okay, or if she needed anything. They only made sure she got good grades, and that she studied enough.

Her dad worked night shifts and slept during the days. Her mom worked days and would take take naps after her husband was gone to work. Chaeyoung had no siblings left at home anymore. They all moved away, and she can't see them anymore.

Chaeyoung had no one, and she couldn't have felt more isolated in her life. Her counselling didn't do anything anymore. She made slight progress for about a month, but it all crashed back down and she was back to square one.

Chaeyoung was sitting on the roof of her apartment building, thinking about her experiences. How life has been. How sad the end of her life will be...

Chaeyoung stood on the side of the building, staring down at the ground. 15 stories up, yet she doesn't feel anything while standing there. No fear of falling.

'How I wish it didn't end like this. I wish I could just be okay...'

Chaeyoung was ready to let go. She was ready to fall, and be free from the grasps. The grasps of her problems. They could all go away...

Just as Chaeyoung had finally finished preparing herself, a voice caught her off guard.

"N-no... please don't!" A voice spoke from behind her. Chaeyoung turned her head slightly and saw a person standing there, facing her direction.

"Please step down." The person begged.

"Go away. Pretend you aren't seeing this and go back to where you came from. It's my time." Chaeyoung spoke blankly, no emotion in her voice.

"I can't let you do this. I know I don't know what you're going through, but please let me. Come down." Chaeyoung turned to face the person who was speaking.

Chaeyoung was surprised to see a beautiful girl staring back at her. The girl had an expression of worry shown on her face.

"I don't have anything to live for anymore. I have nothing. I don't see my parents anymore. I don't think I can call my friends "friends" anymore. I can't even go to school. I don't feel anything. If I do, all it is-is pain. Let me go. Go away." Chaeyoung spoke sternly to the girl who hasn't moved from her spot.

"I'll be your friend. You're brave, I can see it. You've made it this long. Please, let me help you make it further." The person spoke and took very small and careful steps towards Chaeyoung.

"Who even are you? Why should I trust you? How would you even help?" Chaeyoung seriously asked, not believing this person.

"I'm Myoui Mina. You don't have to trust me yet. I just want you to know that I will do anything I can to have you down from off that ledge. I'll be your friend. I'll be your shoulder to cry on. I'll be your listener. You don't have to be scared of me. Can you tell me your name?" Mina finally reached Chaeyoung, and put her hand out in front of her.

"I'm Chaeyoung..." and with that, Chaeyoung hesitantly grabbed Mina's hand and carefully stepped down.

Chaeyoung immediately fell into Mina's chest and started sobbing. Mina held the latters head tightly to her, and delicately brushed her hair with her fingers.

"I know that I know nothing about you. I know that you're hurt even though I don't know the details or reasons. I know that you're struggling. But ending your life isn't the way to go. I know I'm merely a stranger, but if I saw you falling from this roof I would have cried my eyes out." Mina told the girl who was in her arms. The girl was still sobbing, and tightly grasping Mina's waist.

Chaeyoung was in pain. And Mina wanted to help.

Before Mina could ask Chaeyoung anymore, the latter fell asleep in her arms and her grip loosened.

Mina sighed. "Let me help, Chaeyoung..."