Step Mom. [M]

Chaeyoung's POV.

"Chaeyoung? Can you come here for a second?" Dad screamed from the dining room. I got off of the couch, and sluggishly walked over to him.

"Yes, Appa?" I said as I walked through the doorway.

"Let me get straight to the point. I'm getting married."

Wait. What? M-married? No. He can't just forget about Momma like that. I know she's been gone for years, but how can he just move on and marry someone new? The love of his life died. I'd never move on. How could he?

I just glared at him with my lips slightly parted. I walked away, and said nothing.

"Chaeyoung! Wait! Let's talk about this!" Appa yelled for me.

I just ignored him and kept walking. I reached my room and locked the door. I plopped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling.

What to do... should I accept this person that Appa will marry? Do I hate her with all of my being? I really don't know how to treat this situation.

What if she's a grumpy old bat? What if she's bossy and manipulative?

Oh god, I'm so scared! I have to respect my dad's decisions, though. It must be hard being a single parent. I wouldn't know that feeling.
┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

I decided to go back downstairs to talk to my dad about the marriage.

"Hey, Appa." I said awkwardly, shuffling in my spot and avoiding eye contact with him.

He grabbed my hands.

"Chaeyoung... I know it's not easy to see me marry someone else. I know you miss your momma. I miss her too, but it's best that I move on. I bet it's what your mom would have wanted for me. I hope you can accept and understand this. This woman I'll be marrying, her name is Mina, she's 30. She'll be moving in this weekend, and will be having dinner with us from then on as well. Please be nice to her, princess." Appa said while still holding my hands.

I look up at him, to see pleading eyes.

"I understand, Appa. I'll be nice to her, I promise. Be happy." Is all I could respond with. I didn't know what else to say... I just want him to be happy and understand that it's alright to move on. He deserves the best.

We parted ways, with an understanding. I'm looking forward to meeting 'Mina'. I hope she's nice.
———————

Narrative.

Days passed, and it was the day for Mina to start moving in. Chaeyoung's first time meeting her.

Chaeyoung was impatiently waiting on the couch for her father and Mina to show up. Biting her nails, and restless legs, she turned the tv on to ease herself.

Just as she found the remote, the door swung open revealing her father. Chaeyoung flinched and dropped the remote, quickly transferring her eyes to the door. Her eyes widened when she saw her dad walking in with a gorgeous woman behind him.

How was that woman real? How was she 30!?

The woman approached Chaeyoung, and reached her hand out in front of her.