Reminiscing.

Remember when we first met? When you ran into me in the convenience store? You were rushing to grab some Ramen, to this day I'm still unsure of why. You reached the shelf, and you had looked so disappointed to see that there was none left. I had the last package in my hands. I approached you, and I asked you if you wanted to share it with me. You suddenly looked happy after. We ate it together, talked, and exchanged numbers.
Remember when you asked me to be your girlfriend? You asked me to join you at the convenience store we met at. You looked nervous, with your hands behind your back, and shifting on and off of your heels. You were looking at my chin instead of my eyes when we started talking. You held my hands so gently, and spoke the same way. You asked me to be yours with sudden confidence, but then you stumbled on the last word. Your cheeks flushed and you let go of my hands to scratch the back of your head. You looked away again. I grabbed your face and made you look at me, then kissed you. You got your answer...
Remember all the months we spent together? Where we'd talk, cry, and laugh with each other? When we'd kiss, cuddle, hold hands, and hug? When we'd find nice movies to watch at night and watch them till the sun started to rise? When we were always together? You made me the happiest. You helped me through my dark times and I did the same with you. We were perfect.
Remember the night we had our first huge fight? It was about how we stopped spending enough time with each other. How we had no time for each other. How we were spending too much time with our friends but not each other. We never saw each other. We never talked. We never texted each other. It was like we suddenly didn't exist to each other, and somehow we didn't do anything about it.
Remember when you came to my front door on a freezing winter night? It was about us. About why what was happening, was happening. You looked upset, and broken. You started to cry, and you told me that it was time for us to break up. You told me you couldn't do it anymore. You couldn't take how our relationship had turned. You told me I should move on and find someone better. Like you did. You told me that you met another woman, a woman named Hirai Momo. That you knew she was the love of your life. Then you left, not even listening to a word I could've said. I understood where you were coming from, but it still hurt. It was the night my heart shattered to pieces. I spent my time reminiscing our moments. I ended up hitting a brick wall when you left. I stopped eating and drinking regularly, resulting in me becoming underweight. I stayed awake every night, thinking about what I should have done to fix us, resulting in me becoming an insomniac. I stopped leaving my house, and stayed inside all the time, resulting in me becoming depressed. I became a bad person once I lost you, Mina. You would message me every so often as if we were good friends. My replies were never as happy as they were before. They began to grow worrying, but you didn't do anything about it. I was making it till I saw you with your new girlfriend. I saw you and her when I went to my doctors appointment. You were walking around and laughing, sharing kisses, and hugging. Just like we used to. At that moment, I snapped. I broke inside even more, if that was possible. I skipped my doctors appointment and went home instead. I spent more time home, and stopped eating completely. I became weak and fragile. To the point that I could snap in half by the slightest touch. I continued to starve... until my body couldn't take it anymore. I fell to the floor and lost my consciousness. No one knew, because I had no one to talk to. I passed away on my own living room floor. You messaged me the day after. But of course I couldn't answer you. I was looking over my body, watching the way it began to go pale. You messaged me more. And more. Till they stopped. Then suddenly a vehicle approached my house, and you got out of it. You ran to my house, and unlocked my door. You had the passcode to it ever since our 5 month anniversary. I trusted you enough. When you opened my door, you faced a house that seemed to be untouched for a while. You walked further, till you saw my body. You stumbled back slightly, as if what you saw wasn't real. But sadly, it was. I wasn't alive anymore. I wasn't the girl you knew. I wasn't the person who you may or may not have loved. I became someone with a lot of problems. I was truly in love with you, and I lost my mind when I lost you. You came close to me, and started to sob. You wrapped your arms around my pale, skinny, and broken body. You grabbed your phone out of your pocket with shaky hands and called the police. I didn't know you cared enough to cry over me, Mina. You left me for a reason, I thought. I thought I no longer mattered to you. Our relationship wasn't alive anymore, and I ended up being just the same. You were speaking to me, even though I was dead. You told me that you always loved me. You were with Momo to get over me, but you couldn't. You were messaging me asking to meet me. You were going to ask me to be yours again. I lost my chance, and so did you. A chance we'll never have again. I'm sorry, Mina. It was my mistake. But it's not my fault I ended up the way I did. My body didn't want the food I was putting into it. It only craved you, and I couldn't have that. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. If I knew, I would have tried harder to stay. Maybe I would have said goodbye before I went. But it's too late now. All we can do now is remember and reminisce the time we had together, even if it should have been longer. I'll always love you. I hope it will be the same from you to me. Goodbye, Mina. Even if I'll never be able to say it to you in person.

——————————

A/N
sorry (メ`ロ')/

Michaeng One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें