Swim.

—— req

————————

Together Mina and Chaeyoung stood on their front porch. They were patiently waiting for their friends to show up while they chatted amongst each other.

Twice of course, a few members of Red Velvet, Blackpink, GFriend, (G)I-dle, and a few other groups/ single artists were invited. A girls only pool party.

Slowly, people started to arrive, making their way to the back area where the pool was set. People happily talking and mingling, meeting others they've never met before.

Once everyone was there, the party went on, few people jumping in the pool.

"Chaeyoung, I'm going to get into the pool with Satzu and Jihyo. Wanna come?" Mina asked.

"Y-you know I can't swim, Minari. I'd love to go with but..." Chaeyoung trailed off.

"Let me teach you, baby. I'll be with you every second of the way." Mina promised to the younger girl, who was too fearful to enter the giant pool.

Chaeyoung's lived in this house with Mina for who knows how long, but still hasn't ever learned to swim. It was embarrassing for her, to say the least. She didn't want people to see past her strong, tough demeanour and see that she can't do a simple task such as swimming.

Well, it's easy. That's why she was embarrassed. You just have to paddle your feet and your legs to stay above water, right?People say it's simple, but Chaeyoung never saw it that way. Deep water made her scared. She didn't want to drown, or get dragged under somehow.

Chaeyoung had all of these things in her head, unsure of how to answer Mina's question. But she didn't have anyone else to hang out with, since everyone was occupied with other people. She just sighed, nodded, and followed Mina to the pool.

The girls all removed their layers of clothing, revealing bathing suits underneath. Sana jumped in immediately, dragging Tzuyu by the hand in with her. Jihyo watched and shook her head, then calmly stepped into the pool using a ladder. She sat by the edge, conversing with a couple girls from GFriend.

Meanwhile Mina was stepping down the ladder, getting into the pool, and Chaeyoung watched nervously knowing she was next. She was staring for so long, Mina was already in the water looking back at her, and 2Yeon was behind her waiting to get in.

"Hurry up, Chaeyoung-ah! Or I'll push you in!" Jeongyeon threatened, smacking the young girls shoulders.

Nayeon punched Jeongyeon in the arm. "Don't do that, you idiot. Let's just go to the other ladder. Obviously she's scared." Nayeon tried to steer Jeongyeon to another end of the pool, Mina internally thanking her.

Jeongyeon shook her head though.

"Chaeyoung, I thought you knew how to swim?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I... I only told you that so you wouldn't be confused or make fun of me..." Chaeyoung said sadly.

Jeongyeon laughed. "Of course I'll make fun of you? How can you not swim?" She continued to laugh.

Nayeon glared at her and pushed her directly into the pool, the girls laughter immediately stopping, then also followed by a splash. She excused herself past Chaeyoung, and got into the pool after, then going over to an angry Jeongyeon.

Mina thanked her as she walked away, and so did Chaeyoung. But the girl was once again really embarrassed, and she started not wanting to go into the pool. She was slowly turning around, when Mina called her name again.

"Chaeyoung, wait! It's okay! Just come in, the water is nice. I'll protect you, I swear." Mina encouraged.

Chaeyoung sighed loudly, turning around to face Mina.