x. vanilla scented

"tae, wake up." a voice rang through the aforementioned's ears. he groaned and shifted on the bed, snuggling closer onto the warm and comfortable duvet.

"five more minutes." he murmured in his sleep. it was a habit of his, those were the exact words he would say to his mother if she were to wake him up.

hmm, warm..

the older thought, hugging that source of warmth that satisfied his body. only to realize that it was not the duvet. it was jungkook.

taehyung tensed and quickly retracted his arms from hugging the younger's chest and turned his back, the wall suddenly piqued his interest.

jungkook only chuckled and got up, heading to the door. "come on, you gotta start dressing up." he stated, causing the older to tiredly look up from the sheets, holding a confused expression.

the younger stopped in his tracks, hands held the cold metal of the door knob.

"you're coming with me today." jungkook continued, only to find taehyung furrowing his eyebrows, nose cutely scrunched up.

"what? to where?" taehyung asked, rubbing his itchy eye due to waking up. the younger had twisted the door knob before looking back on his shoulder.

"to my company." jungkook said, taking a step outside the room.

"now get dressed in something formal." he added and finally left their bedroom. leaving the older confused, yet he couldn't do anything but oblige.

not really wanting to get up, he lazily and ever so slowly got up from bed. he had yawned and stretch before heading to the bathroom to brush his teeth and take a shower.

upon reaching the small cubicle of the shower, he quickly stripped himself and went in.

the water was a tad bit cold, but nonetheless taehyung liked it. it was because the water was slowly waking up his body.

he grabbed his favorite vanilla scented shampoo that he just unpacked when they got here and splattered it all over his head.

just then, memories of last night flooded his mind. the awkward and uncomfortable memories that he just didn't want to remember.

[ flashback ]

"so, um.." jungkook started, trying his very best to break the heavy atmosphere between them.

the two had just finished the movie and went upstairs to their bedroom only to sit awkwardly on the bed.

of course, they would feel uncomfortable. like come on, they barely know each other and now? they are forced to sleep in bed together.

"um, i'm just gonna sleep in the guest room." taehyung voiced out, he grabbed his pillow and stood up, ready to leave.

just then, jungkook grabbed his wrist once taehyung stepped forward. the older looked back with a confused expression.

"no." the younger looked up and directly stared into taehyung's brown eyes.

"we can sleep together. i'll leave a big space for you." jungkook suggested, trying not to sound so desperate. yeah, fine. he admitted, it was his way to get closer to the other.

"u-uh...s-sure." taehyung hesitantly replied. thus, resulted into their position right now. jungkook laid on his back, sleeping peacefully while the older was wide awake.

taehyung couldn't sleep. it was due to his habit of hugging something or someone warm to sleep.

it was kind of his body's unspoken rule that it will not rest until he hugs his tiger plushie or something else to sleep.

seeing that it would be very embarrassing to bring his tiger plushie, he didn't have a choice so taehyung just left it to his family's house.

taehyung tried everything to sleep: hugged the pillow, cuddled the hell out of the duvet but he just really couldn't sleep.

he sighed and to his dismay, taehyung hesitantly hugged the younger's chest and made himself comfortable, trying his best not to wake the other up.

fortunately, jungkook was a deep sleeper and his tactic worked as he felt sweet slumber slowly taking him away to dreamland.

[ end of flashback ]

taehyung had heaved a sigh before turning off the water tap and wrapping the towel to his now fresh body.

his eyes had widened when there he saw, a simple yet beautiful button-up shirt with black slacks laying on the bed. a note was attached to it.

tae,

here is what you will be wearing for today. quickly dress up, i'm just leaving for a short while. meanwhile, just go eat breakfast that i've already cooked for you.

-jungkook

as he read the letter, taehyung felt very confused. it wasn't everyday that the younger was this sweet.

although he hated to admit, a strange feeling bloomed in his stomach, it felt like butterflies.

but at the same time, he wondered where could've the younger went. shrugging the thought off, taehyung grabbed the button up shirt and eyed it curiously.

taehyung chuckled to himself.

now i thought i was suppose to choose an outfit on my own.

shaking his head a little, he dried himself with a towel before dressing up into the button up shirt jungkook had given him.

as he finished his hair, he took a look at himself on the mirror and smiled proudly. finally satisfied with himself, taehyung walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

on the dining table, sat a plate with delicious looking bacon and eggs partnered with a glass of milk.

uh, milk..?

although confused, he sat at the table and took a bite. a smile crept onto his lips, as thoughts came across his mind.

thoughts of how jungkook was actually a great cook. of how jungkook had a caring side. of how jungkook can be sweet at times. of how jungkook behaved nothing like a mafia. of how jungkook was actually a husband material.

suddenly, a sound of door creak echoed through the house. it indicated that jungkook was home.

~

a/n: i'm sorry, its short :3
i hoped you enjoyed tho ♡