xxvi. safe haven

taehyung cried loudly, his breathing unstable and heavy. it was starting to suffocate him. tears flowed non-stop as he muttered words. "i'm a good boy, i'm a good boy, sorry, sorry, sorry." taehyung sobbed continuously.

minhyuk furrowed his eyebrows at confusion. "what the fuck is wrong with you?!" taehyung whimpered in pain. he cried and cried until his tears ran out. minhyuk hissed in annoyance as taehyung kept crying loudly, sobs echoed in the room.

"well, it's not like i care." minhyuk had smirked before continuing his actions. taehyung could only sob when he saw minhyuk undressing.

"are you ready, you whore?" minhyuk questioned maliciously with a smirk. the fragile boy only shook his head as tears ran down his cheeks once again. his eyes were now read and puffy. he just wanted this to end. oh how he wished jungkook was here right now.

and as if on cue, just as minhyuk was about to slide into taehyung, a loud knock echoed through the room. minhyuk hissed in anger and annoyance as he got up. "what the fuck do you want?!" minhyuk angrily let out as he wore his pants hurriedly. taehyung had turned to his side and curled himself into a ball as he cried to himself.

"boss! they're here!" just then, loud gunshots were heard along with minhyuk's curse and taehyung's loud sob. the silver head was still weeping to himself as minhyuk stood up with a gun.

"stay here you slut!" minhyuk harshly spat before leaving with one of his men. taehyung then cried even more loudly at minhyuk calling him a slut.

"no..i-i didn't do a-anything!" he cried out as he clutched his aching heart. taehyung found if difficult to breath, as if something was suffocating him. he panicked because of this and whimpered in pain.

"h-help! s-someone, p-please help m-me.." taehyung called out, his voice gradually losing energy in them. he turned to his side and clutched the sheets as he continued having his panic attack.

voices of those people who hurt him rang through his head. a terrifying melody that hunted him. it seemingly had no end and taunted him till now.

"slut!"

"oh my gosh, such a whore!"

"ew! get away you hoe!"

"you don't deserve to live! just go die you fucking slut!"

taehyung held his head in pain. "n-no, stop p-please. s-stop.." he begged. begged for his suffering to just come to an end. his tears flowed like a river. the sheets were wet due to sweat and tears.

"stop.."

"yikes! a whore!"

"please.. stop."

"sorry, i don't talk to sluts!"

"h-help..m-make it stop..please."

as his head felt too heavy, his throat sore and his lungs burned, his eyes felt heavy. the sudden want of closing his eyes and taking a rest took over him. maybe, if he just close his eyes, everything will stop. the pain will be gone and he can no longer suffer. right, just rest, everything will be fine.

but then, he thought of about something. how about his loved ones? how about his family? his jungkook? what about them? he couldn't just leave them. they were the cause of his euphoria.

scenes of his happiness suddenly flashed before his eyes.

"mama! could you pwease bake me some cookwies?" a boy with doe eyes sweetly asked his mother.

"of course, honey." his mother smiled lovingly at him. a smile that gave the little boy happiness and warmth.

"papa! can you pwease play games with me?" a little boy asked his father that was currently on his office desk, doing some work.

his mother entered the room with a tray full of foods. "sweetheart, your father is busy. come on outside, mama will play with you."

his father stood up with a smile. "that wasn't important, honey. come on, let's play with our little angel." the little boy giggled happily and walked over to his parents with a smile on his cute lips.

"ggu! look, it looks like you!" taehyung giggled cutely, his eyes met with jungkook's wrinkled one's- as he as well, chuckled at taehyung.

"do you want that, angel?" jungkook asked sweetly, smiling softly at his baby. his hands snaked to taehyung's waist in a possessive manner.

taehyung, although taken aback at the sudden pet name- jungkook usually just calls him baby- had nodded frantically before giggling cutely.

with his last call of help, he felt his body rejecting oxygen. a sad smile fell on his lips as he finally closed his eyes, knowing well that he could finally take a rest. he will finally get away from this world full of pain.

in the distance, he could hear someone calling out his name. though, his mind refused to register who that voice belonged to. all that his mind focused on was the thought of rest. he was too tired to even think about anything else.

but that voice was so familiar. that even just by hearing it, he felt his body relax. whoever owned that voice, taehyung needed to thank them. because it helped him even though he knew it was too late.

a sudden warmth engulfed his whole body. a warmth that felt like security. it was familiar and just by the way those arms held him, taehyung already knew who it was.

even though he was unconscious, his heart felt everything. felt the way jungkook caressed his hair and kissed his forehead. his body and mind felt at ease. taehyung unknowingly smiled;

thank you. thank you for this warmth. thank you for everything, jungkook.

~

a/n: sorry, it was a bit short. but hey, it contained important details.

also holy cow this book got 10k reads i- xjkwexjjwosj

please help me calm down

thank you so much! thank you so much for your support my dear readers! i love you, stay safe babies <3