xxiii. black blades

the sound of a phone ringing interrupted jungkook's deep slumber. guessing from the ringtone, it was his phone. jungkook glanced at his side to look at his sleeping baby, taehyung. the ravennate had smiled at the sight before taking his phone and answering the call. he didn't even bother to stand up and go to somewhere private.

"yes?"

"jungkook! fuck, get out of there!! shit!"

the ravennate's eyes widened, he abruptly stood up and went to the balcony. he panicked as he heard gunshots being fired back and forth.

"what the fuck is happening, namjoon?"

"black blades! they're not gone ye- shit. fuck jungkook, hurry up!"

"yes, yes. we're going, i suppose you already planned where to take tae?"

"of course! jimin's already waiting for you down the hotel. he's going to take taehyung to kyoto. he'll be safe there. now hurry!"

"yes, fuck. where are you?"

"in our warehouse here at tokyo. there's a car parked just beside the hotel. take it and hurry!"

"alright, i'll be there shortly."

jungkook ended the call and went to taehyung. "princess, wake up." he let out as soft as he could, he didn't want taehyung to notice his panic. normally, he would stay calm to situations like this, but this time, it's different. taehyung's here, black blades could use taehyung as his weakness.

the older groaned softly, feeling harsh pain on his lower region. "what is it, ggu?" he asked, eyes closed and voice raspy. his throat pained from all the moaning and screaming he did last night.

"tae, i'm sorry baby but something came up. we can't go on a date today. now go freshen up, jimin is waiting for you outside the hotel." jungkook explained, he noticed that taehyung was not getting up any sooner so he scooped the other on his arms and carried him to the bathroom. taehyung shrieked in shock.

"there, freshen up and change into new clothes. there's painkillers behind the mirror in case your sore ass needs it." the ravennate smirked and winked at the other before slamming the door of the bathroom to let taehyung do his business.

on the meantime, he changed into new clothes and took his gun, shoved it into his belt on his back. after a few minutes, taehyung finally came out dressed in new clothing.

jungkook smiled at him lovingly before pecking him. "great. now lets go, princess." he let out, took taehyung's hand and intertwined it with his. they walked outside with a tensed atmosphere surrounding them.

taehyung was worrying over jungkook. why was the younger being so tense and awfully quiet? jungkook wasn't normally like this. on the other hand, jungkook was worried sick for taehyung. he didn't what he would do if he happen to lose his pretty baby taehyung.

a heavy sigh unknowingly slipped past jungkook's pink lips. the older had heard this before he decided that he needed to know what was going on. "ggu, what's happening? is everything okay?" taehyung asked softly, not wanting to trigger something in jungkook's mind.

the ravennate hesitated for a bit. should he really tell taehyung? the other would surely just worry about him if he did so. perhaps lying is the best option. "n-nothing's wrong, baby." jungkook mentally cursed for stammering. he wasn't good at lying after all.

the silver haired male furrowed his full brows at the ravennate. "i know you're lying, ggu. i can see right through you." taehyung replied back, he pulled his hand away from jungkook's. the older gave a cold stern look towards the younger, as if telling him to say the truth.

jungkook sighed once again. "fine." he let out, because he knew that there was no way he could lie to taehyung. especially if its about his very own life. "our rival gang- black blades..they're back, i-i'm afraid they can use you as my w-weakness." the ravennate explained, tumbling over his words.

taehyung's eyes widened in utter shock. "w-what are we gonna do now?" he asked in a small voice, frightened to lose the other. jungkook gave him a small smile before softly pecking his forehead.

"i told you. jimin's waiting for you outside. go to him, he will take you to kyoto where you can be safe." the ravennate stated once again, as he started walking with the silver haired male. taehyung stopped on his tracks before speaking.

"b-but- what about you, ggu?" he questioned, now being paranoid over countless possibilities that might happened to the other. jungkook flashed him a tooty grin before flexing his biceps.

"i"m strong you know. i won't let anyone hurt me. just as i forbid anyone to hurt you, love." taehyung relaxed a bit, he knew they would get over this. it was just a small obstacle that they can cross, together. he nodded his head as he started walking with jungkook again.

they held hands, their fingers intertwined as they finally reached the outside of the hotel. both saw jimin waving at them furiously, as if telling them to hurry up. taehyung turned to jungkook and smiled sweetly. "i love you so much, ggu. please stay safe."

jungkook nodded his head. "i love you too, my baby. promise me you'll stay safe, alright?" the ravennate asked the silver haired male, hoping for the best to happen to them. he hoped that tomorrow, they could still cuddle and give each other kisses. but no one knows what tomorrow brings them.

they might still be together, or they might break a part. but all they knew was, they needed to savor this moment. because it could be their last one.

the older grinned at him, a grin that never left his face since earlier. "only if you promise me to be safe as well." he giggled making jungkook calm, at least for now. he leaned in and enveloped the other in a kiss. a kiss so passionate and unreal that it made them afraid to pull back, scared that maybe this could be their last kiss.

"i promise."

~

a/n: shit's about to go down. why? cause i'm so fucking heartbroken rn! so, prepare your tissue boxes, babies.