CHAPTER 11

Rosie's P.O.V.
It was Friday the day of the fun fair, which meant I could no longer avoid Jack. When I woke up at Jacks house the other day the guilt was horrifying. I had many missed text messages from Nate and my mother. I snuck out of his house at 5am without him waking up. My mother bought my lies about studying at Mia's house and falling asleep there. I managed to actually avoid everyone in that group this week. I ate lunch and studied in the library. I didn't have the stomach to face Nate. I just constantly told him I was busy and studying for tests. I was running out of excuses. Jack didn't seem to mind me avoiding him because it seemed liked he was avoiding me to. We didn't even look at each other during last period this whole entire week. I did manage however to score us the dunk tank and finish all the poster work for our booth. I can only hope Jack arranged for people to be dunked or his ass is getting in there. The final bell had rung and I was out to my car to go home, change, and grab a coffee before heading back to the school to set up. When I got home nobody was home I noticed a note on the kitchen table.
'Your father and I had a last minute business conference out of town we will be back Monday morning. We love you so much! Let us know if you need any money or anything baby.'
My parents always had business conferences they were actually quite annoying when I was younger but now I've just gotten used to them. It did get lonely sometimes but I was used to it. I ran upstairs to change real quick and drop off my school stuff. I hurriedly exited my house and drove to get coffee. I got Jack one to be nice. Within minutes I was back at the school and in the gym setting up the booth posters.
"Hey" I turn to see Jack staring at me.
"Hey I got you a coffee. I'm gonna finish up the posters do you want to start filling the dunk tank please?" I ask but kind of just tell him too
"Yeah and thanks." He says scratching the back of his head.
Forty-five minutes later we were all set up and sitting behind our booth.
"You arranged for people to be dunked right?" I ask
"Duh of course I did"
"Thank god"
"So why'd you leave the other day without saying anything?" Jack looks at me and ask
"What?" I say
"The day you stayed the night?" He ask
"It was a school night and my mom was worried" I say
"Then why have you been avoiding me if that's it?"
"I have not been avoiding you." I lie
"Rosie you suck at lying."
"Why does it even matter if I said anything to you or not? Don't you have a girlfriend?"
"No" Jack says laughing
"Okay then what's Madison?" I ask
"Just a friend." He smirks "why are you jealous?" He ask
"Not one bit." I say with attitude
"Yeah okay." He laughs and I give him a death glare.
"Hey kids the booth looks great! I am ready to be dunked!" Our principle Mr. Scott says and my mouth tales open. I can't believe Jack got our principle to agree.
Mr. Scott had been dunked 3 times within the first hour and then our next dunkee came. We managed so far to raise 300 dollars and we still have at least an hour to go. People loved to dunk teachers and principles. Sammy and Johnson even volunteered to be dunked. It was a way better time then expected. I had a lot of good laughs.
I watched as Nate walked up with Mia to the group standing around our booth. Nate smiles at me and comes and wraps his arm around my shoulder.
"So what are we doing tonight?" Sammy ask everybody "my parents are home so my house is a no go." He says and I sit and contemplate inviting everybody over.
"My parents aren't home for the weekend. We could hang out at place?" I say and everybody looks at me shocked
"Are you sure you want to do that? Doesn't seem very boring of you." Jack laughs at his joke
"I'm sure." I say glaring
"Sweet. I'll get the booze! Johnson you get the chasers and snacks." Sammy smiles "do you mind if we invite a couple extra people over? Nothing big."
"That's fine. Just give me some time to get home before and close of my parents rooms and stuff and you guys can come over." I smile
"Alright sounds good." Everyone nods with Sammy and they all take off to get the things they need.
The fun fair has now came to a end and me and jack have made more than enough. I started cleaning up the stand while Jack went drained the dunk.
"So what made want to have a party?" Jack asked
"It's not a party we're just all hanging out. It's a kickback." I say "are you inviting Madison?" I asked curious
"I don't know. Didn't know if she was allowed."
"Why wouldn't she be. But it's on you if you invite her or not." I say
"Will see."
"Well I'm gonna go home see you later." I say ending the awkwardness conversation we've ever had.
When I got home I made sure the house was clean and my parents room and office were locked and shut. I texted Mia to come over a little early and went up to my room to change once more and looks presentable. After I finished up I heard a knock on the door I opened to find Mia's blue eyes staring at me.
"Hey babe!" She smiles at me and walks in
"Hey I think everybody else should be here in like 30 minutes or so.." I say
"So I'm curious.." she says
"About?" I ask
"You and Nate. I need answers girl! What is going on?" She smiles
"We're just hanging out right now. I don't know I like him but what he did was wrong and I'm just not sure I feel totally the same way. I don't know he seems great I just don't know if I'm hundred percent in it like I should be. I don't want to lead him on or ughhh I don't know." I say without taking a breath
"Do you think it's because you like Jack and not Nate? Or that you might like Jack more than Nate." She ask
"What?" I say stunned. My face was hot.
"Rosie I'm your best friend. I know why you didn't tell me. You didn't know if I would get it." She smiles
"How did you even know any of this?" I ask
"Nobody else might be able to tell but for one you guys both get extremely jealous when you see each other with someone else. I can also tell by the way you guys look at each other." She laughs "Jack also has no problem trying to keep Nate away from you."
"Jack doesn't like me like that. I can't explain the jealousy thing but Jack just likes to hook up with girls."
" I don't know Rosie it seems to me he likes you way more than just as a friend."
"He's always a different person. He's either being a dick or he's trying to kiss me." I say
"You guys have kissed?" Mia squeals and my face heats up even more.
Thankfully someone was knocking at door. I answered the door to have Jack and Nate starring back at me.
———————————
(A/N) small chapter but to be continued. I'm trying to make the next chapter really juicy ;) don't forget to vote and comment please :)