CHAPTER 31

Rosie's P.O.V.
It was Saturday which meant it was beach clean up day. I haven't uttered a word to Jack this whole entire time we've been setting up. He didn't seem to mind as it looked like he was in his own thoughts. The sun was beating down on us causing little sweat drop lots to form on my forehead. Thankfully there was a breeze going to cool me down somewhat.
The beach was full of people clicking up trash and supporting our project. I couldn't believe how many people showed up.
"Hey Rosie can you bring me another bag?" Mia asked
"Yeah I'll be right back!" I smiled
I passed some bushes and I could smell the marijuana burning. Seriously who would be doing that when we're suppose to be cleaning the beach. I quietly tip toe around it and you'll never guess who I find.
"Seriously Jack? This is our project you're suppose to be out helping the beach and Nate seriously? I thought more of you." 
"Rosie stop!" Jack said walking after me "look I'm sorry. I'm just anxious and stuff I need to be more relaxed." I just stood glaring at him.
"I'm gonna go clean the beach right now. I'll even make sure to have three bags full." He gently nudging me.
"Yeah whatever." I said containing my way back to where I was originally going.
"Here's your bag Mia." I sigh
"You took to long! Sammy got me another." She laughs
"Sorry." I breathe as my wondering eyes moved over to Jack as he picked up trash.
"You know nobody's gonna hate you if you talk things out with Jack." Mia says starring at me stare at Jack.
"Yeah. But I would hate me. I've given him to many chances."
"I don't know about that because I think you love him and I think he loves you too."  Mia says as Jack looks up making direct eye contact with me. His eyes look hopeful as he stares back at me that is until I tear my eyes away from him as Madison strolls onto the beach next to him.
"He doesn't love me." I say grabbing my bag and continuing to pick up trash on the beach the farthest away from everybody.
Thankfully it was time for the BBQ back at the school parking lot. The beach clean up was so successful. I was really proud of our event.
"Can I have a hot dog please?" A little boy asked me as I handed out everything.
"Of course you can." I smile and hand him his hot dog.
"Hmm I'll have a hot dog too." Madison smirks. I roll my eyes and get the hot dog. "How does it feel to finally lose?"
"Um what?" I question
"To lose Jack. I can't believe you thought you ever had a chance. Prom must have been real embarrassing. The look on your face was picture perfect." She giggles. "I can't believe you thought he'd stay with you just because he took your virginity." The lump in my throat began to grow. It took all the strength I had not to splatter ketchup all over her.
"The only embarrassing thing about prom was that Jack brought you. If he was going to bring somebody else I at-least thought he would have brought someone cuter." I stomped away before she could even say anything else.
I was done with today. I was drained and felt a little sun burnt. I decided to just leave since we had a clean up committee to help with the mess.
"Where are you going?" I hear jacks voice right next to me. "This isn't over for another hour."
"I'm not feeling so good. I'm gonna walk home."
"I can drive you."
"No thanks. You shouldn't keep Madison waiting." I say as tears brimmed my eyes. Jack mumbled something under his breath but I couldn't make it out.
The walk home was calming and peaceful and I managed to not tears flow. I was ready for high school to be over with so I didn't have to see Jack anymore. As I walked in the door I hurried to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. I noticed a big envelope on the kitchen table. It was from UCLA. I tore the envelope open praying that I got in.
"I GOT IN!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs jumping up and down. I almost started to cry happy tears.
I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of me with my acceptance letter and posted it to Instagram. "I'm screaming. #UCLABOUND 💙💛"
The likes started to pour in and so did the congratulations. I was on top of the world. I was attending my dream college.
"Jack Gilinsky: Congratulations. I always knew you could do it."
Oddly I was a little bit sadden at his comment mostly because I wanted us to be opening our acceptance letters together. I don't understand how one boy could do this to me? I should not be sulking over his comment. I should be out celebrating my acceptance. I thought back about Mia said on the beach. Maybe I did really love Jack. Apart of me hoped me loved me too.
————————————————
(A/N) hope you guys like this chapter don't forget to vote xx also I'd like to know what you guys would want to see happen? I already have something in mind but I like hearing your guys thoughts!!

Defective ➻ J.G.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें