CHAPTER 14

Rosie's P.O.V.
I threw on something simple but cute outfit for Sammys house. I put a light curl in my hair and did some natural makeup. I was nervous to show up with Jack. I never even texted Nate back. He was either never going to talk to me again or he would get mad then get over it. I tried to text him and tell him multiple times today but I just couldn't find the words.
'Here' Jack texted me
I smiled grabbing my keys and anything else I might need and heading down the stairs. I locked the front door behind me and got into Jacks car.
"Hey." I said and he smiled
We talked and joked a little on the way to Sammys house. It wasn't long before we were there. My stomach was about to explode. We both walked in and only a few people were in the living room. One of those people being Madison. She walked right up to Jack giving him a kiss.
"Finally you're here." As the words left her mouth I knew now the only reason Jack invited me to go with him is so I wouldn't go with Nate.
My heart stung. I couldn't believe I was this stupid. I really thought Jack wanted to be here with me. I tore my eyes from them before I started to cry. I would not let him see me cry. I was way stronger than this. If Jack wanted to play this game will play but I'll win because I'm done with him. I will not let him keep doing these things to me. I walked into the kitchen and found Nate, Mia, and Sammy.
"Hey you came!!" Mia said
"Yeah I wanted to surprise Nate." I smiled and so did he.
Nate walked over to me and planted a sweet kiss on lips and that moment I knew he was the better option. Jack was just toying with me and my emotions he did not want anything serious with me. Here Nate was actually trying to be around me and actually show other people he cares about me.
Jack and Madison walked into the kitchen and he looked surprised to see me and Nate standing together or maybe even surprised Nate was here. I avoid his eye contact with me and it seemed like more than once he was trying to get me to look at him.
"Rosie can you help me make the popcorn?" Mia asked and I nodded "will be out in a minute guys" Mia said to everyone as the exited and went to wait for us in the living room.
"So I'm confused you came here with Jack but Madison was here waiting for him here and then you kissed Nate." Mia asked confused
"Yeah that was pretty confusing to me too. But I'm done with Jack we're nothing but project partners. I'm going to give Nate a chance and see where it goes." I say quietly
"Are you okay?" She ask
"Yeah I'm fine I kinda new it was to good to be true."
Mia jumps a little as someone gets into the fridge. We both turn to see Jack getting a bottle of water. He barely glances at us and heads back into the living room.
"Do you think he heard us?" Mia ask
"I don't think so but I'm really sure I care if he did." I breath
We take the popcorn and head into the living room with everyone else. I take my spot right next to Nate on the couch. They all decide on a scary movie 'Conjuring 2' . Nate wraps his arm around me and I place my head on his chest to watch the movie. I pull a blanket off the top of the couch and put it on top of us and replace my head on his chest. Some of the parts really made me jump and I almost hit Nate in the face couple times causing us to laugh. Halfway during the movie I could hear a sucking noise. I look over to see Madison trying to suck the life out of Jack's neck. I'll have to admit he looked kind of irritated.
"Can you fucking stop. I already asked you once." Jack told her quietly but I feel that everybody could still hear.
She sat back embarrassed and crossed her arms and starting watching the movie again. I think it's weird Jack is denying her. He clearly invited her for a reason and I've never not known Jack to not be in the mood. I shrugged it off and continued to lay with Nate. I started to feel really tired.
"Can you take me home? I'm starting to get tired." I asked Nate and he shook his head.
We both got up and said our goodbyes to everybody. I gave Jack and Madison a quick wave bye so there was no awkward tension since we said bye to everybody else. Jacks eyes looked sad as he watched us leave together.
It didn't take us long to get back to my house and I asked Nate if he wanted to hang out a little bit longer. We sat in my bed and had Netflix going we decided to play uno and order a pizza. I was really starting to get to know Nate and he was making me laugh with how competitive he was a uno. I started to hear knocking at the door.
"Finally the pizza! I'll be right back." I tell Nate and head down stairs
I open the door and I was a little disappointed to see Jack instead of the pizza guy.
"What are you doing here Jack?" I ask
"Can I come inside and talk?" He asked
"I don't think that's a good idea." I say crossing my arms as the pizza guy started to pull up
"He's here isn't he?" Jack asked
"Why is it any of your business?" I ask
"I just thought you were smarter than that."
"Smarter? What the fuck do you even mean? You just embarrassed the fuck out of me. You asked me to go to Sammys with you like actually with you then we show up there and fucking Madison is waiting there for you. You only asked me so I wouldn't go with Nate." I say trying to fight tears
"It wasn't like that. I..." he goes to say something but was cutoff by the pizza guy walking up to us.
"Just know it wasn't like that.." Jack says fluster rubbing the back of his neck and taking off towards his car.
I signed for the pizza with my head spinning in circles. I smile and tip the driver and head back upstairs. What was Jack going to say. How was it not like that?
"Sorry I couldn't find my wallet for a tip at first." I say to Nate who's smiling at me.