CHAPTER 21

Rosie's P.O.V.
I took a 30 minute power nap and I felt extremely refreshed. I was excited to actual experience Miami and not be worried or upset by a boy. Yes I'm still very sad at what I witnessed this morning but I am not going to let it ruin my last day here. I already had my flight set up for tomorrow mid morning and everybody else will be leaving in two days. I felt bad for not telling Mia where I was but I don't think I could turn on my phone and not have a break down from everything sent from Jack.
"You ready to go?" Derek asked on the other side of my door.
"Yeah coming!" I shout and rush down the stairs to meet him at the front door.
He smiled at me as we got in the car and started driving to the art museum.
"You seem like the type of girl to be into art." I smiled because he was absolutely right. I dabbled in painting but I was no Picasso.
We spent hours inside the museum and surprisingly Derek didn't try to rush me. He didn't care that I wanted to read every little bit about the art as I could. He was also so much fun and tried to do funny poses and match some of the art work with his facial expressions.
"You ready for our next stop?" He ask
"I am but where are we going?" I ask
"The beach"
"But we've already been to the beach." I laugh
"But you haven't been on a boat or parasailing." He smiled
"I don't have a swimsuit with me if we get in the water."
"Will stop and get you one." I nod my head and smile at how wonderful of a day this has been so far.
This is what I wanted spring break to be. Mia and I had all these plans to do while we're here and nothing got accomplished because of the drama. I felt guilty because I felt most of the drama was my fault. I should have never gotten involved with Jack or Nate.
"We're here." Derek said as we parked at the docks."there's a beach store right over there go get yourself a swimsuit." He said handing me a 100 dollar bill
"Oh no you don't have to do that.."
"Shut up and take my money!" He smiled
With little bickering back and forth I finally took the money out of Dereks hand and went and bought a bikini.
"Nice choice." Derek smirked and winked at me.
"Shut up." I laugh and handed him back his change
When I say I tried everything I mean I tried everything. We went parasailing, tubing, and water jet skiing. It was the funnest time I ever had at the beach. Derek was right I truly didn't experience Miami until now. The bars were fun but nothing will beat the day I had today. The best part of my day was actually watching the sunset from the boat. I was exhausted from all the sun we got today and starving.
"Ready to get something to eat?"
"ABSOLUTELY." I say holding my stomach making Derek laugh "thank you so much for today. I really was missing the fun stuff while here."
"You're absolutely welcome. I'm glad you gave me the chance to show you what a good time you could have here." I smiled from ear to ear because I truly was happy that he was concerned about me having fun. He was picking me up when I was down when we barely knew each other. Well I can't really say that because I felt like we've known he each other for years.
When we were finishing up eating I finally decided to finally turn on my phone. My phone exploded. I opened the message from Mia first the last one caught my eye.
"Jack flew home to chase after you but when he landed a hour ago you weren't at home?? Where are you Rosie? Are you okay? Please text me you're alright." -Mia
I couldn't believe Jack tried following me home. He ruined the rest of his spring break for me. Ugh stop thinking like this Rosie. He fucked you over. But did he though? You guys weren't an item. I mentally told myself to shut up. I texted Mia back and told her I was okay and I was still in Miami and that I was leaving tomorrow morning and to enjoy the rest of her trip.
"Rosie please talk to me. Where are you? I need to know you're safe." -Jack
"I'm safe. Please never talk to me again." I texted Jack back. He quickly tried to call me but I declined it and turned my phone back off.
I wasn't going to allow him to nuzzle his way back in. I'm not going to allow him to hurt me once again.
—————————————
It was 10 am when Derek dropped me off at the airport. It was going to hard to say goodbye to just a good person.
"I know we just met but I'm really going to miss you. You've been a amazing person to me." I say to Derek
"Look Rosie you're one of the sweetest and down to earth girls I ever met. I wih you the best and hop you know that you deserve the best. I know it's to soon and you're probably not still over that dude but just know I would never treat you the way he does. So therefore when you get over him you have my number. No matter what I'll be here for you." I felt like I was going to cry because he was literally the sweetest person in existence. I was so happy to have met him.
I squeezed him hard before taking off to board the plane. Once I was in my seat I felt nauseous. I wasn't ready to enter my reality. I didn't want to face a Jack. I don't even plan on leaving my room for the rest of spring break. Lord help me through this.