CHAPTER 20

Rosie's P.O.V.
"So where do you want to go?" Derek asked me
"Anywhere but here."
"Rough night?"
"Something like that."
"Well then I know exactly where we need to go." He smiled at me.
The ride was soothing we talked more about our selves as the music played quietly through the car.  Before long we pulled up to a burger joint.
"Trust me they have the best burgers in Miami and this is my place to go when shit don't feel right."
I smiled at Derek and my stomach growled as the smell of the burgers rushed out of the restaurant. I didn't realize how hungry I was. We both ordered and had our food with in minutes. I was devouring my burger like there was no tomorrow.
"Damn I like a girl can eat." He laughs wiping some ketchup off my lip. I blush a little.
"Sorry I was starving."
"Don't apologize it's cute." He smirks "but come let's go to the beach."
"Can't we get in trouble for going on the beach this late at night?" I ask
"Technically but not when you have a private beach." He smiled taking my hand and leading me to the car. He even opened the door for me.
Wow he must be rich rich. I was actually very excited to go to the beach and sit. It reminds me of my spot back home. The beach was so calming. The sound of the waves crashing could put me to sleep. Derek brought some blankets and spread them out. I sat down next to him and just took in the scenery. Derek finally broke the silence.
"So not to intrude or anything but did you and that guy get in a fight?"
"I guess you could say that.." I say shrugging
"I thought you guys were only friends?" He asked
"We are but to be honest I do like him more then a friend. The thing is we're never going to be more then friends. He doesn't want a relationship and I don't want to wait around." I say
"Then why does he look at you like he loves you?" Derek ask and I laugh
"He does not love me. He's so hot and cold. One minute he can't stop touching and kissing me then the next minute he's telling everybody we're just friends or chooses some random girl over me."
"I think he's never loved anybody before and he doesn't know what to do so he responds by being distant and doing that fucked up shit."
"Ugh I don't know. I don't want to talk about it anymore because I'm tired of his games. I'm ready to just be his friend nothing more." I say and Derek shakes is head and agreement.
We both lay on our backs looking the stars. Derek started telling me about his childhood and I told him some stories of my own and we laughed together. The laughing soon faded and my eyes were heavy then my dreams consumed me.
————————————-
I could hear the seagulls squawking as I opened my eyes forgetting we both fell asleep on the beach. The sun was just rising. I rubbed my eyes and shook Derek a little he grumbled then realized where we were too.
"You ready for me to take you back?" He laughs
"Please." I smile
I helped Derek fold the blankets and put them in the trunk of his car. He stopped and grabbed me an ice coffee I thanked him for everything over and over again on the drive back. I turned my phone on before getting back to the hotel it was exploded with missed calls and messages the last one was from Jack at 4 am it was now 8am so 4 hours ago. I sighed as we pulled in front of the hotel.
"Well if you need anything before you leave Miami or want to hang out again just text me or you can just show up at my house." He laughs and smiles at me
"Thank you so much. I really appreciate everything. It sucks that will probably never see each other again once I leave Miami."
"Girl I go everywhere. You ever  wed something just text me." He smiles and I give him a hug and walk in the hotel.
I was dreading walking into this room mostly because I didn't want to see Jack. I just wanted more sleep. I walked in and there Jack was sitting on the couch.
"Where have you been?" He asked coming close to me
"Why does it matter?" I ask
"Because I've been worried sick." He says looking at me with sad eyes. I almost believed him until the skank walked out of his room wearing Jacks shirt and only underwear.
"Hey can you call me cab Jack?" She ask
The tears threatened to fall but I would not let him see me cry. I shoved passed Jack and into my room and managed to lock my door before Jack could push his way in.
"Rosie it's not what you think!" He said through the door.
I didn't even bother to answer him. I didn't have the energy. After what felt like several minutes I heard him walk away from my door. I was done with this trip I just wanted to go home. I wanted to get this project over with Jack so I never had to talk to him again.
I started packing all of my items in suitcase and getting all my bags together. I couldn't stay at this hotel any longer. I needed to do this swiftly and quietly. I creaked my door open and seen no one in the living room I grabbed all my things as fast as I could and darted for the front door. I shoved all my things in the elevator pushing the lobby button. The doors seemed to going so slow.
"Rosie stop!" I looked up to see Jack running down the hotel hallway. I hurriedly pushes the close door buttons and tears spilled down my face. The doors finally shut and my heart rate slowed down.
I don't even know why I'm crying. I knew how he was I knew he was player. I knew he never wanted anything serious with me and yet I fell for him. After everything I knew about it him I still chose to get feelings for him. The ding of the elevator pulled me from my thoughts and I rushed outside to the Uber that was waiting for me. I got in the car and gave the address quickly so Jack couldn't follow me.
A huge relief flowed through me as I pulled up to Dereks house. I lightly knocked at the door and was met by his amazing smile.
"Hey Rosie." He smiled then a look of confusion swept across his face as he seen all my luggage.
"Do you think I could hang out here until I get my flight switched over to later tonight?" I asked
"I'm not going to ask what happened but you haven't even really experienced Miami yet in a good way. Let me show you a great day and night and take a flight home tomorrow night. I'll even drive you to the airport myself." He smiled at me
"Are you sure?"
"It would be my honor." I smiled at him
He showed me to a room and told me to take a power nap and that will leave when I get up.
I couldn't believe someone I just met could be so incredibly nice. I laid in the soft bed and turned my phone off I didn't want to hear from anyone. I tuned all the bad thoughts out my head and fell asleep.