CHAPTER 23

Rosie's P.O.V.
"I know I'm not exactly the person you want to talk to right now and I'm sorry for that but I have to get this off my chest." Nate said as I just started at him not knowing what was about to come out of his mouth.
"You and Jack are good together whether you see it or not. I'm also here to tell you Jack did not sleep with that girl. He was up the whole night trying to get ahold of you. I even sat with him in the living room trying to help him."
"Did he put you up to this? Is he making you lie to me right now?" I ask
"No I'm doing this because I've never seen Jack cry a day in his life until the day you left him and went where ever you went. When I saw him let a tear slip I realized he deserved you more then I did. He really cares about you Rosie. He also repeated how he was going to lose you again just like in middle school."
" I don't really know what to say. Even if this is the truth he has done nothing to show me he actually cares. I'm always the second option. If he cares about me he wouldn't have invited her over in the first place." I say
"Rosie you both do stuff like that to make each other because your both to stubborn to realize you guys are perfect for each other. He brings out your wild side and you help him relax and be himself." He says As I sit with my hands placed on my cheeks as I thought.
"Honestly I don't know what to do. I practically just slammed the door in his face a couple of hours ago. I'm just confused at this point of what I want." I say
"I think you know what you want you're just afraid to admit it to yourself." Nate says with a small smile "also don't worry about slamming the door in his face. I think he just wants to hear from you."
"Thank you Nate." I say and hug him goodbye and head back to my house with all these thoughts processing in my head about Jack.
Nate was right I want him and I wanted him bad. I needed to talk to him. So that's what I planned to do tomorrow at school.
—————————————-
I walked into my last period with my stomach turning in knots. This was my class with Jack and I was going to try to talk to him this period. As I walked in his seat was empty. I hoped he would show up to this period. Thirty minutes of class went by before Jack showed up. He hair was a mess and he avoid even looking in my direction like the plague. My stomach hurt even worse as jack turned his head a little towards Sammys direction and there was pretty big size hickie on his neck. The rest of the class went on in a blur as I couldn't stop thinking about who gave that to Jack. I was really starting to not believe anything Nate said. The bell brought me from my thoughts as the class poured out into the hall. I quickly caught up to jack and tapped on his shoulder. He turned and just gave me a blank stare.
"Look you've made it perfectly clear you don't want me to talk to you. So will finish the project separately ."
"What are you talking about?"
"We're you even paying attention in class?" He ask with attitude
"I—" I was lost for words as I sat in front of Jack trying to figure out what I wanted to say to him.
"Look I've got better things to do then sit around in this hallway." He smirks while flashing off his hickie on purpose.
That's when I knew I was making a horrible mistake.
"Never mind. Nate was wrong." I said trying to fight back tears as I turned on my heels and practically ran through the crowds on student's. I could hear what sounded like Jack call my name. I ran right past all of our friends to the doors to the parking lot.
"What the fuck did you do now Gilinsky?" I could hear Nate scream.
As I reached my car I couldn't stop the tears from falling. My heart felt like it could shatter at any moment. I took off in my car as fast I could and I watched as my friends poured out the school to find me. I felt so fucking stupid to be even crying over something so fucking stupid.
Jack proved what I thought he was since we got partnered up a man whore.
It might take some time but I knew I had to get over Jack. No matter how long it took I know that me and him could never be. I was a piece of scum on his shoe. I can't believe Nate even thought for a second Jack actually cared about me.