11

Aimee Kilton, in this moment didn't care for anything other than the survival of Lydia Martin. Her brain had shut down anything that came her way except Lydia living through the night.

The five plus Jackson stood in the living room as Scott pushed Jackson and Lydia up the stairs.

Aimee and Jackson made slight eye contact as he raised a confused eyebrow to her. He was concerned fot her, being the last one to hear the news about his friends sister. She snapped her vision away from him as his eyes lingered before went up the rest of the stairs.

"There already here," Allison shouted from the window. She loaded up her bow as Stiles came next to her, "What do we do?"

"Shoot one of them!" Stiles suggested.

"Which one?" She asked looking at Stiles. Aimee rolled her eyes, she ignored their conversation, knowing all of their lives were now in danger. None of the mattered to Aimee, because she would die for her friends.

Aimee walked around the living room, avoiding the windows as she did so. Scott was near Allison and Stiles, "There's only two," Aimee listened in hearing slight panic from the girl.

"Where is Isaac and Erica?" Stiles yelled, as a growl went off behind Aimee.

Aimee turned around, both people looked as if they were from a horror movie. Aimee had looked nothing like she had before, her eyes drained of emotion. Her face red, and eyes inflated due to all of the crying she had done. Her body language suggested that she wasn't even going to put up a fight, and Isaac stood there taking in all of her looks. She locked eyes with wolf, his face now hairy looking nothing like the Isaac she knew. The two stood in front of each other for what felt like twenty minutes.

Another growl broke Aimee out of her trace with Isaac. Without hesitation she threw her palms towards the wolf, hoping that it would worm. Watching Isaac fly face and bounce off of the wall and drop onto the floor should have affected her. Yet, she felt nothing other than pure rage. Rage that her sister was killed, rage that they were trying to kill her other sister.

She moved in closer to Isaac as he watched her, saddness mixes with shock in his eyes. If Aimee wasn't so clouded with rage she would have noticed that Isaac wasn't fighting her back, clearly not wanting to hurt the female. When he went to stand again, she put her palm into his chest, ready to slam him again. However, this time nothing happen as he looked from her hand to her eyes. Sudden panic shot through her body, as Isaac grabbed her wrist.

He pushed her arm to the side so that she wasn't touching him. Still gripping her wrist, Aimee met his eyes finally.

He swore he saw the girl break in front of him, her eyes filling with water. He was tempted to pull her in for a hug, remembering the formal, and how she would act towards him. She brought her bottom lip in between her teeth, trying to hold back the tears.

Isaac's eyes flickered behind her for a second, making Aimee turn her head to look as well. Isaac grabbed the girls shoulders turning her around so her back was against his chest, in an attempt to restrain her. In attempt to keep her safe from Erica.

Once Aimee felt his arms around her shoulders she snapped again. She watched as Allison ran up the stairs with Erica following after. Erica is going to kill them, Aimee thought, rage flying through her body. Isaac is helping them, She reminded herself as she drove her elbow back into his stomach, hard enough for her to recoil at the pain.

It was enough to catch Isaac off guard as she again slammed her palm into his chest, this time successfully throwing him into the wall, hard enough to indent it with his body.

Once he was on the ground, she went to run after Erica when a hand wrapped around her ankle, "Stop," She heard Isaac from the ground. His nails slightly digging into her skin.

"Do I need to blast you into the wall, again?" She snapped trying to yank her leg from his grasp. However, Isaac didn't let go, letting her kick at him and even begin to claw at his fingers, "Let me go!" She yelled at him.

He only looked up at a few times, sadness in his eyes, and almost regret. Isaac had grown to like Aimee, since the dance he had then kept an eye on her. He watched her like the way Aimee had watched him, and slowly he began to like her. From watching her love her friends, and being friendly to everyone she met, it just clicked for him.

Once a werewolf, it didn't take him long to gain the confidence he needed to talk to her. In the science lab, when he teased her about her heart racing was the boldest thing he had ever done in his life. Except for now, as he gripped at the young blonde, preventing her from getting herself hurt as they killed the Kanima. Aimee kept trying to blast Isaac off of her, but it wasn't working.

Aimee still screaming at him, "They are going to kill her! Isaac let me go!" Panic and anxiety setting in the blondes mind, "Isaac!" He just took it, knowing she would probably hate him after this. He needed to take it, he needed to keep his pack safe, and he needed to keep her safe. This was the only way.

"The Kanima is gone," Isaac let go of Aimee, hearing it with his superhuman hearing. Aimee wasted no time as she took off up the stairs, ignoring her bloody, painful ankle.

"Lydia?" She yelled, "Lydia!" The strawberry blonde slowly peaking out. The blonde grabbed her friend, and Lydia looked shaken up, "Where's Jackson?" She asked as she pulled from her best friends grip.

"I thought he was with you?" Aimee asked her friend as she pulled her to the steps. Lydia was shaken up, clearly. She looked down the stairs, seeing some of the damage. Seeing Erica's limp body at in the hallway she looked back down the stairs.

"Can someone please tell me, what the hell is going on?" She snapped as she held onto Aimee, as if Aimee would protect her.

Everyone's jaw clenched, Derek was wrong, the Kanima wasn't Lydia. It was Jackson, who had fled the scene.

Aimee wasted no time, as she pulled Lydia down the stairs and out of the house. Her friends yelling at her to stop, but Aimee pushed Lydia into her car. Lydia didn't protest until they made it back to her best friends home.

"What are we doing here?" Lydia asked as Aimee pulled her inside. The two girls went up to Hayley's room, as Aimee tore it apart.

"It has to be here!" Aimee mumbled as Lydia watched her cautiously, "I just saw it the other day!"

"Aimes," Lydia mumbled, walking closer to the girl. Aimee pulled out a book from the back of one of Hayley's dresser drawers.

Aimee took a deep breath, "I found this after Hayley went missing. I was looking for clues as to where she would be and I found this."

"Its in Latin," Lydia opened the book, looking at the marked pages, "It's about monsters?" Aimee knew Lydia could read Latin, and nodded at her.

Aimee sat down on the bed, motioning for Lydia to sit to, "How much do you trust me?"  She took Lydia's hands.

Lydia gulped, not saying a word but nodded. Aimee took a deep breath of air before putting her palm up as she did with Hayley just a week before. Lydia watched Aimee as the desk flew into the wall and all of the items falling off.

"How did you-," Lydia stopped talking, clearly overwhelmed.

Aimee smiled sadly at her confused friend, "There's a lot you don't know."