32

Aimee lived on the border of Beacon hills, next to the Beacon Hills preserve. She use to come out to the woods all of the time before she realized how dangerous it truly was. Aimee would jog around the trails or even sit and just relax with her eyes closed. Before, Hayley would sonetimes find the girl dead asleep. She had stopped when Hayley had told her to, when Scott had first turned and the Argents came to toward - the girl, however, didn't know it was due to wolves at the time.

She had now been wondering the woods for hours now, alone. After the party, Aimee had sent Isaac inside while she stayed out. She needed to clear her mind.

Her hand touched the small body of water and she wondered how cool it would have been to have a different infinity than air. Out of the four options, fire and water seemed the most appealing to the blonde. She wondered if there were anymore people like her. Surely, she thought. Her legs curled into her chest as she rested her cheek on the top of her knee.

She began to hum the lyrics to Superhero by The Script, one of her favorite songs. Her fingers danced along the freezing water and for a moment her arm was covered in goosebumps. Now she welcomed the cold, knowing that she wouldn't fully die from hyperthermia.

Aimee almost jumped when a presence sat down next to her, but she half expected it. She had been outside for hours, in the cold. Neither spoke until a blanket was draped around her shoulders.

She retracted her hand from the water and stopped humming lyrics as her eyes met with her Alpha. Her eyes then trailed up to Isaac, and Chris Argent. She frowned for a second, eye flickering between the three.

The group stayed silent, all eyes falling upon the hunter. They all could feel the guilt falling off of Chris, it didn't take a wolf to smell it. Aimee could see the pained expression on the man's face,  a man who she saw as a second father.

"We need your help," Chris told her, "If the plan goes south we need a ranged attacker."

Aimee's eyes looked dim as she glanced back at the water, "Allison is ranged. Why don't you ask her?"

There was a long moment of silence which confirmed what Aimee had thought, "Because I'm expendable and your daughter isn't."

As soon as the words fell from her mouth, the three men looked between each other. They knew that Aimee had wanted to hurt Allison, so they protected Allison. Yet, with Aimee back to normal, no one thought how collateral everything would be to the blonde. They most certainly didn't think that Allison was more important than Aimee, "It's fine," She stood up slowly and dusted her legs off, "I understand," a sad smile flickering on her lips.

Scott mimicked her actions, no knowing what to say to his friend. Yes, he loved Allison but Aimee was his in his pack, his inner circle. In general, no one was more expendable than the other.

"Where are you going?" Isaac called out to Aimee as she walked away from them.

"To take a nap before you all lead me to my undeniable death," She called over her shoulder which made the three sigh heavily.

--

When she awoke she saw that there was a outfit already hung on the door for her. The girl picked herself out of her cozy bed and dragged herself to the shower.

The warm water flowed on her cold skin, she hadn't realized how cold she actually was. She began to scrub herself clean of any paint, or dirt that she had caked on her skin.

When she was done, she put the outfit on that they had hung up for her, "Are you serious?" She groaned as she looked at herself in the mirror. She had expected a fight or something, but rather the girl was now in a tight white form fitting dress. A pair of close toed pale heels laid at the foot of her bed, and she slipped them on.