12

Lydia had went home that night, leaving Aimee alone. It was a few days after the incident had happened with and Aimee didn't go to school.

Her sisters death hitting hard as she packed up Hayley's belonging. She was going to keep most of them but she wanted to preserve them.

Most of the time, she couldn't even make it out of her room without crying. She had texted her friends a few times letting them know she was okay, and they all kept it very vague with her. They didn't want her involved due to her loss, they wanted to to take time and heal. Despite Allison's protests to include her friend, Scott was the leader and he didn't want the little blonde involved.

Aimee didn't really do anything beside pack up Hayley's belonging and cry. She wasn't feeding herself, because she wasn't hungry. She wasn't cleaning the house, because she was focused on a specific room.

Aimee was deteriorating as she told everyone she was fine and that she didn't want company. Her hair was greasy, and she smelled like body odor, due to not showering for a few days. 

She assumed this is what depression was, something she had never experienced before. Aimee was typically a happy child and teenager, except when Hayley told her that their parents had died. Aimee didn't really have memories of her parents, she could only remember their faces due to photos that laid around their house.

Aimee had heard a knock at the door, she sighed before walking slowly down the stairs. She quickly grabbed a knife, wondering if her sisters killer came back to finish her. Paranoia mixed with lack of sleep clearly effecting her judgement.

She cracked open the door enough to peak out, "What do you want?" She snapped, her voice hoarse from not talking for a while.

Isaac Lahey stood with his hands in his pockets. He looked at the small portion of the girl, bags under her eyes, he could smell the body odor, he could also smell that she was upset.

For once, his heart began to race at seeing her, "You know what? Never mind, I shouldn't have came," He began to turn around, nervousness taking over.

Aimee sighed and opened the door fully, "Isaac," She mumbled and he turned around, "What did you want?" She asked him softly as he looked at her.

He walked closer to her, and she moved out of the way motioning him inside. He noticed how dirty the house was, boxes laid everywhere, "Are you moving?" He asked her as sat sat down on the couch. He followed her, awkwardly standing in her living room.

Aimee sighed again, "My sister died," She quickly looked up to avoid more tears from spilling. Her legs curled up into her stomach and her arms wrapped around them.

"I'm sorry, I didn't-,"He stopped talking, he did know, that's one of the reasons he jumped up and ran to her house. He had over heard Scott at lunch arguing with Allison and Stiles over including Aimee.

Aimee wiped her eyes, "Why are you here Isaac?" She was staring at him. He shifted uncomfortable under her gaze.

Quickly he came up with a lie, "To see how your ankle was," He scratched the back of his head, "I made you bleed."

Aimee lifted up her sweat pant leg, the claw marks scabbed over, "It's healing. Honestly, I forgot about it." She pulled her pant leg back down. She noticed a look on his face, a look that she knew all too well  concern.

"I'm fine," She mumbled, "I just need to finish boxing Hayley's belongings and I'll be back at school," She have him a fake smile, which he knew was fake. He had seen her smile too many times before to know that it was indeed fake. She pulled on her long sleeves as she shifted under his gaze.

"Aimee-,"

"I said I'm fine!" She snapped as her eyes met his. The two drowned in the silence. Her heart didn't know what to do, her sister had died and her crush now stood in her house.

He cleared his throat, "I'm just going to head out," Aimee stood up to follow him and lock the door behind him.

She stood up and began to walk after him. Dizziness fell over her, as the ground began to warp under her. Isaac didn't turn around until he heard a thump behind him.

His eyes wide as he rushed back to the unconcious girl. Her heart beat was going, he picked her up and rushed to the hospital without a second thought.

--

Aimee woke up to a bright light and a beeping sound, "Where am I?" She asked roughly as her eyes peeled open.

"The Emergency room," She slowly turned her head to see Isaac sitting in one of the chairs next to her.

Aimee went to sit up as she ripped out one of her IV's, "I don't think that's smart."

"I need to get home," She mumbled, growing dizzy as soon as she stood up.  Isaac stood up grabbing her arm, helping her lay back down, "Thanks."

"Now lay down and get some beauty rest," Isaac teased as he helped her sit down.

Aimee rolled her eyes as she laid her head down, "I don't need beauty rest."

He sat back down and crossed his arms, "I suppose you're right," A smirk sat on his lips.

She turned and looked at him, "What's that suppose to mean?" She knew what it meant. Her heart began to flutter as her heart monitor rate increased.

His smirk grew bigger, "There goes your heart again."

"Maybe you shouldn't flirt with someone connected to a heart monitor," Aimee mumbled as she looked away from him. She didn't know how she was smiling when she was so upset just hours earlier.

She tried to calm her heart beat when he spoke up again, "I wouldn't want to lie."