Prologue

The Mavens

It's composed of ten individual prodigies that mark a name in the business world at a very young age. They were ranked according to their intelligence, wealth, family background, and skills. The number one spot belongs to Jarvis Frye Vega Accardo. The second spot is Steffany Rue Villasenior, the third is Ethan Dale Mertinez, the forth is Tyler Syd Villasenior, the fifth is Eianna Maxene Kendall, next is Blake Fordyce Fuentevilla, seventh is Augelli Vienne Di Silvestro, and followed by Alexandria Villar Priscott, Floyd Chester Montecarlo and Maricar O' Connor.

______________

Prologue

It is the month of April and it's nine in the evening and I can't sleep, naninibago siguro ako. This is a new kind of living for me, soon I'll get used to this.

I decided to take a drive off to nowhere. My nightmare keep's on bugging and pestering me. I want to get rid of this, I want to.

Malayo na ang narating ko dahil may nakikita na kasi akong dagat. Maybe I can take a little walk on the shore as the moon shine's so bright. I stop my car on the side of the road and headed to the seaside. I take my shoes off my feet and started to walk barefoot.

It's a good night to take a walk as I glance at the sea and moonlight softly touch the waves. The last time I been this close to the sea happened years ago. I was with my family for a holiday vacation at that time. I sadly smile when I remembered it. That will never happen again and will never be.

I stop thinking when my eyes caught something, no it is someone! The guy was walking like a freaking zombie. I snap back to my senses when I heard a splash. What the hell is he doing?

I walk fast in his direction and that moron is thinking of drowning himself. This is out of my concern but darn! It's either I leave him or stop the dimwit, so I decided to take the latter. I run to the shore and started to swim near him and snatch up his arm.

''Hey! What are you thinking psycho?'' I yelled at him and get nothing but a blank stare.

He looks wasted because of the dark circles around his eyes due to lack of sleep. I can also notice that he's melt off, wholly thin. Parang mas may laman pa nga ako sa kanya. He's tall, nose is perfectly sculpted, nice-looking eyes but you can see the sadness on it. Thin lips...well kissable.

It was my description and stating the obvious but he looks damn sick and also drunk. He shoves my hand that's holding his arm and started to move to deep water.

''what is your problem?'' I grab him again and asked.

''It's none of your business. So, f*ck'n leave me alone!'' he shouted back.

''Leave you then what, let you drown yourself? You're drunk! Use your brain dumbass. Think before you do a stupid action!'' I talked back.

'' Don't tell me what to do. This is not your f*cking life, back off! I can do whatever I want to do with this sh*t life of mine. Again, leave me alone and stop treating me as if I'm a damsel in distress!'' he yelled at me so I punch his face hard, the nerve of this guy!

''You need to be shaken a bit in case you loosen some screws on your head!'' I said and figure out that he's too shocked at what I've done.

''You know what? You're right, you're none of my business. But..'' I stop and look into his eyes."..my concern is how you end your worthless life. If you're willing to end your life, why drowning yourself idiot?'' I told him.

He just looks at me with a confused look. I snatch the cold metal thing on my back and handed him.

''You better use this, it's way faster than drowning..'' I paused then I smirk thinking of something.''..or maybe you wanted me to do you a favor.'' then I pointed the gun in his head. Shocked was written all over his face...hmp. Now he's terrified.

''Think a thousand times before doing such stupid actions. You better be brave enough before you end your life. If that happens find me and I will be much willing to kill you myself.''

I turned my back at him and headed back to the shore living him dumbfounded.

Lumakad na ako paalis ng lugar na iyon. Now I'm all wet, kasalanan ito ng bugok na 'yun. Problema nun? Bahala s'ya kung itutuloy pa niya ang naudlot niyang gawin kanina, naudlot kasi pinakialaman ko. Swerte nga s'ya kasi inisip ko pang iligtas siya sa kabubohan niya. What I did a while ago will make him think. Walang kwenta, makauwi na nga lang.

Read and you'll find out.

***********

All rights reserved 2014

Copyrights © 2014 @fireflicker13™

11/11/2014