Ruby Red

Dinner is served and its one of my favorites they serve chicken parmigiana's on beds of angel pasta and my mouth begins to water. As soon as the dish is placed in front of me my stomach begins to rumble and Dante laughs beside me before turning to look at me. My cheeks flame and I'm completely put off my food.

"Don't stop eating on my account I don't blame you for being hungry I haven't seen you eat since you arrived bambino," He says.

My cheeks flame even more when he says that. No man has ever called me bambino especially no one as handsome as Dante. I try to act casual and cool so no one around me notices the effect his words have had on me. I begin to engage in conversation with Bella and Angelina so that I can try to forget about what Dante said. Me and the woman all agree to go out tomorrow as Christmas is in a month and we need to buy Christmas gifts.

Once dinner is done the waitresses come to collect our plates and I decided to help them anything so I can get out of that room. I'm also not one of those snobby Italian ladies whos going to be unkind to the people who serve them it isn't in my nature and I always say treat people the way you'd like to be treated. Once we get all the plates into the kitchen I sit there and talk with staff for a couple of minutes before dessert is served.

I exit the kitchen and walk back to the dining room on the way I hit into someone as I wasn't looking where I was going my mind has been far too occupied lately. Arms encircle my waist and I look up to see that its Dante whos holding me. I feel sweat begins to bead on my brow and my stomach begins to twist as his striking blue eyes look into mine.  "I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going," I say flustered.

"It's fine I don't mind you feel quite good pressed against me bambino," He says and I swear I nearly faint.

I can't seem to form words to say anything back. We just stand there him holding me and I feel safer than I ever have. Suddenly the waitresses begin to exit the kitchen with the dessert and I pull away from Dante and walk past him to the dining room. I sit down and begin to eat my second favorite thing in the world Tiramisu.

Dante doesn't come back and a bit of disappointment begins to spread through me but I push it to the back of my mind. Once we're all done we say goodnight and go our separate ways as Luca says he has to attend business with his brothers which were all used to. You learn from an early age that all mafia men have to leave at the drop of a hat the job is a twenty-four hour seven days a week commitment and the Famiglia always comes first.

As I head back to my room I see there's a door open just before I reach my door. I was always the curious nosey sister and I can't help myself I just have to look inside. As I peak through the door nothing would prepare me for what I see. The walls are painted a deep ruby red and there are dark furnishings all around. There's a four-poster bed with dark red silk sheets and there's a mirror on the ceiling above the bed there are also various handcuffs and what looks like torture devices all around the room.

As I go to walk away Dante appears in the doorway and I see his eyes are flaming with heat. My mouth practically hangs open as I realize this must be his room. He shuts the door in my face and I run down the hall to my room and slam the door closed as my heart begins to beat rapidly.

VOTE COMMENTSHARE!!!