Tear Drop

Later that night as I lay in bed after showering and changing into my comfy silk nightgown I decide to read a book. I grab my iPhone and I begin to scour through my book app I pass by various romantics and then I stop on one that catches my eye.

It's about a mafia romance and I have to laugh out loud at that what a coincidence. I read the description and I see that it's more like my life than I could even imagine it's about a mafia soldier and a young woman about my age there both forced into a marriage by there fathers so that they can merge both their businesses so that they will look like a unit to the rest of the Famiglia's.

I decide to read it and as I get through the first chapter a tear begins to make its way from the corner of my eye down my cheek. Everything this girl is feeling is the same thing I am feeling she also feels like her husband doesn't want her just like I know Dante doesn't want me. She feels trapped like she can't escape just like I do a sob breaks free from me because I feel like I am on a ledge and I am about to fall and I don't know when I am going to fall.

As tears now freely flow down my cheeks I feel like I am floating and suddenly my door opens and I don't even hear it. I turn quickly to see Dante standing there a worried look covering his face and it makes me cry harder. Suddenly he is in front of me and his arms are around me squeezing me tightly as he says soothing words into my ear. I begin to calm my breathing but I still feel distressed I rise from the bed and I push Dante away from me and I walk to my window I open it wide and I breathe in the fresh crisp air to calm myself.

"What's wrong with you Aryana?" Dante says.

I turn around and give him the same mocking smile he gave me earlier. "Do you even have to ask? You can't be that stupid surely!" I sneer.

I turn back around to the window and I hear Dante walk over to me I then feel him cage me In as he places both of his hands on the window frame on either side of my head. I want to hate him but all I feel is security and some other weird emotion that I can't explain.

"I am sorry about earlier bambino now tell me what's wrong," He says completely shocking me.

I turn around and he keeps me caged with both arms. I look over his features and I see his apology is sincere but it still doesn't make me feel any better. "We have both been forced into this marriage something neither of us wanted and to make it worse you don't want me, Dante," I say and I raise my eyes from the floor and I look into his eyes.

My words shock him and he lowers his hands. He then places his large hand over my cheek and he gently rubs it. "What made you ever think that Bellissimo," He says.

"You did today you were someone different I have never seen that side of you and I don't want to see it ever again," I say,

I remove his hand from my cheek and I walk back over to my bed. I sit down and I just stare at my hands unsure about what's going to happen next. Dante walks over and sits down beside me he then takes my hand in his and what he does next shocks me even more than what happened today.

He gets down on one knee in front of me and he takes a small box from inside his suit jacket. He opens it and I see that its a teardrop-shaped diamond ring with little diamonds clustered around it. I cover my mouth with my hands because I suddenly feel emotional after already having such an emotional day I think this is enough to break me.

"I should have done this already but it's better late than never I am sorry about today I am not used to someone standing up to me especially a woman but I am happy to be marrying you Aryana and I promise I will protect you and I will look after you always so will you marry me, Angelo?"

VOTE COMMENT SHARE!!!