Tears

Today is the day that I officially become Dante's for life and my stomach is twisting and turning with nerves and worry. Today should be the happiest day of my life instead everyone including me is unhappy and I decide to go and talk to Dante because surely we should wait instead of rushing things.

I exit my room still dressed in my nightgown and robe and I look up and down the hall to make sure its clear not wanting the soldiers to see me in such a state of undress. I walk down the hall still unsure of where Dante's room is as this house is so unfamiliar but I continue walking until I reach the end of the long hall and I come to the last room there.

I knock hoping I got it right and when Dante answers the door still shirtless I realize I actually wish it wasn't his room especially when he drags his eyes over my body. "Come in," He says opening the door to let me in. I enter and sit down in the armchair near the window before turning to look at him so I can get this over with.

"Dante I don't think getting married today is a good idea everyone is upset and quite frankly I don't feel ready," I say hurriedly before I chickened out.

I watch as Dante's face changes from calm to furious in 2.5 seconds. His eyes become dark and stormy and his whole body becomes rigid. He takes a shirt from his closet and he puts it on not bothering to button it up then he walks towards me and stops in front of me. "You know what Aryana I don't think you ever wanted to marry me I think you just wanted to be saved from Gio you must think I am stupid do you think I'd save you from all of this just to let you back out of this marriage I do not think so now go and get ready if not you'll be getting married in that robe for all I care," He says and I feel the tears spill from my cheeks.

"You're just like Gio," I whisper angering him further.

He leans down so fast resting his arms on either side of the armchair I am sitting in he knocks the breath from my lungs. I lean back but he presses his face right against mine practically nose to nose. "No you are wrong Ayana I am worse than Gio so do as you are told and go and make your self presentable because you'll be mine by the end of today I have tried being nice to you but you have  just ruined that now hurry up because my patience is running thin as it is with you one more word from your mouth and I will personally deliver you to that bastard myself and let him do as he pleases with you before I put a bullet into both of you,"

Tears are running freely down my cheeks now and when he sees that he leans away from me and buttons up his shirt. He then continues to just get ready whilst I rise from the chair and run to the door but before I exit he has some last words for me that make me hate him more than anything. "Also try not to get anyone else killed today I think this family has lost enough since you arrived," He says his voice dripping with hate.

I run from the room back down the hall to mine and on the way, I bump into Angelina who was exiting her room at the same time I was running down the hall. Her face is pale and her eyes have dark bags under them from the crying over the loss of her father and Dante's words hit home even further and a sob breaks from me. Angelina wraps her arms around me making my heartache even more because she shouldn't be comforting me I should be comforting her.

"What is wrong Aryana?" She asks and I decide to lie.

"Nothing I was just feeling emotional after everything thing that has happened I am sorry for burdening you," I say wiping under my eyes.

"I know exactly how you feel I haven't been able to sleep at all and I feel horrible so I decided to come and help you get ready for today to try to take my mind of everything if that is okay?" She asks and I nod.

"That would be great thank you," I say and we walk to my room. Once there I head to the bathroom and I turn the shower on and undress before stepping inside. The tears flow from my eyes and I try to stifle my sobs so Angelina won't hear. How has my life taken such a bad turn? I exit the shower feeling numb and as I look in the mirror I decide to put on a brave face and do what's needed of me I have to stop the self-pity because no one cares.

VOTE COMMENT SHARE!!!