Al suo fianco

Dante's POV

My phone rings bringing me out of a deep peaceful slumber. I reach for the phone and I try to pry my eyes open to see who is calling. Whoever it is I know it must be serious especially to be calling at this time. I see that it's my sister Angelina calling and I answer immediately.

"Hello, Sorella what is wrong?" I rush out.

"Dante I have been trying to call you it's Aryana she has had complications we are on our way to the hospital now you need to get there ASAP!" She rushes out and I jump out of bed.

I quickly dress and I grab my keys. I run down the hall and out to my BMW and I drive off. I connect my phone to the Bluetooth and I call Luca. It rings and rings but he eventually answers. "What is it?" He groans out clearly tired.

"It's Aryana she has had complications she is being rushed to the hospital as we speak and I am on my way there now I didn't have time to wake you,"

"Right I will be right behind you," He says before hanging up.

I race to the hospital and I pray that I make it on time. We planned our daughters birth and we knew exactly how we wanted it. We wanted it to be as peaceful and as special as possible because the last year has been hell for us and now this has happened. Sometimes I feel like God is laughing at us and he just won't seem to give us a break.

I don't blame him I presume it's because of all the bad things I have done. But Aryana and our innocent daughter have done nothing I wish it was me who was the one to suffer yet it's always Aryana. The hospital she is being taken to is an hour away as that was the closest one to the spa and I know her doctor probably won't make it in time but I decide to call her anyway.

"Hello, Dr Brookhurst here who is calling?" She says on the third ring.

"Hello Doctor it's Dante Ricci here Aryana is having complications and she has been rushed to St Judith's hospital it's not the hospital we had planned to go to obviously but that was the nearest as she was on a spa trip?" I say.

"Right I will contact them immediately and I will call you back," She says before hanging up.

Twenty minutes pass and I know I'm near the hospital I should be there in about ten minutes or so because I haven't slowed down once. Aryana needs me and nothing is going to stop me from getting there. My phone rings and I see it's Dr Brookhurst. "Hello?"

"Hello Dante I have spoken with the on-call doctor at the hospital and it seems Aryana will be needing an emergency C-section, unfortunately, there isn't any time to wait so they are going to perform it in the next few minutes which means I can't make it on time now the doctor on call is called Dr Siad he is a very good doctor and I promise you will be in good hands," She says and my anxiety rockets through the roof.

"Right okay thank you," I hang up and a few minutes later I pull up to the hospital.

I park out front not bothering it they tow the car they can fucking keep it. I rush inside and to the front desk and it feels like forever passes whilst the receptionist checks which room she is in. Finally, she tells me and I go to the fourth floor as fast as I can. I pray the whole time in the elevator that everything goes well and they will both be fine.

They're both survivors this last few months have shown that and I just hope they are still fighting on. The elevator doors open and I see my sister my mother and Gianna all sitting on the chairs that are in the hall. My mother walks to me immediately and she wraps her arms around me. Tears are staining her cheeks and it makes me worry even more.

I pull away and I look into her eyes. "Where is her mother? Are they okay?" I rush out.

"She is in surgery Dante there trying there best to save them both but her placenta has ruptured and the doctors said it's not looking good," She whispers and I have to shut my eyes because a mind-numbing pain runs straight through my body.

My mother sits down whilst I pace the halls. I cannot sit because I feel like my body is a live wire at the minute. My anxiety and worry are mourning with every second that passes and I just keep looking at the doors willing them to open. The elevator pings and the doors open to reveal Luca Fedele and Lorenzo they each walk over to me and hug me.

They then sit down whilst I still just pace up and down. The doors down the hall open and suddenly they begin wheeling a bed out. I see that it's Aryana and Bella is holding her hand as the doctors wheel her out. I rush to her side immediately and it's then I see the small white blanket that's covering our child.

(As I have said previously I am sorry for not updating recently but due to this virus and me being extremely busy I haven't been able to I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again either but I do promise that it will be finished as for right now please enjoy this chapter and please everyone stay safe)