Chapter Two - Hoping For The Best

(by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

All I could was hope for the best. I was so nervous about my plan, but I was so tired of pretending. It was time that they know.

I sighed anxiously and pulled the sleeves of my teal shirt up to my elbows, both arms lined with bracelets halfway up to my elbows. I fixed the black belt of my dark blue jeans, staring at but white Supra high tops as Liam opened the hotel room door. I followed him out.

Only five minutes later, Zayn texted me the directions. I led Liam down the streets until a brightly coloured club came into view. I could hear the music from halfway down the street and squinted through my dark sunglasses to see through the darkness. The line had to be two hundred people long.

"Do you see that line up, Niall?" Liam said worriedly. "It's gonna take us forever to get up to the front. And how are we going to get in? We're underage."

"Relax." I chuckled. "I've got contacts inside that'll get us in." I said, grinning smugly.

We arrived at the door and I skipped the entire line, causing everyone to groan and complain rudely. I ignored them and walked straight up to the door. I pushed my sunglasses down, smirking at the huge bouncer. "Horan - I'm with Malik and Tomlinson."

The man scanned down a list and then grunted, opening up the velvet red line. I gestured to Liam who looked at me in shock.

"Zayn's here?!" he hissed under his breath.

I grinned slyly despite my nervousness. Here's where things get interesting. "Who do you think invited me?" I replied, stifling a laugh at his totally gobsmacked expression. He worriedly blabbed on and on as I led him into the club. The bass shook the floor, strobe lights of every colour lighting up the dark atmosphere. The club was practically packed, people dancing close together, spilling their drinks. This was my crowd now. I loved clubbing and I belonged here. Liam, on the other hand, was noticeably uncomfortable. He obviously either didn't like clubbing and partying or just didn't go very often, because it was almost like he wasn't sure what he was doing. "Lou's here too. Go find him and I'll come get you later."

"How much later?" Liam asked, frowning.

"It doesn't matter. Go!" I ordered playfully, slapping his back. He rolled his eyes and walked away apprehensively, not sure of where he was going. Clearly he wasn't really a part of the whole club scene, unlike me.

Alright, time to find Zayn - oh, speak of the devil. A text from him alerted me that he was exactly where I wanted to be; near all the alcohol. I joined him at the bar and he grinned, handing me a shot glass of something. I didn't know what it was, but I took it and downed it anyways. The liquid was bitter but I was well used to it by now. I asked the bartender to surprise me with whatever drink he'd like, and then glanced over to Zayn. "This place is awesome. Lou got you in?"

"Yeah. After he told the bouncer that he was nineteen and showed him his I.D, he just kinda believed that I was too. And we told him that we were expecting you, so we had him write your name down." Zayn replied, craning his neck to survey the dance floor. Probably scoping out some girls he wanted to dance with. "Care to get drunk, my friend?" he asked in a posh accent, lifting up his drink as the bartender handed me mine. I grinned and lifted mine, clinking the two together. We then both took all of our alcohol down in one sip, hitting our empty glasses down on the countertop at the same time.

"So, uh, I brought someone with me." I said after about ten minutes, having to speak louder than normal so I could be heard over the music.

"Who?"

"Liam."

Zayn choked on his drink. "As in Payne? As in your worst enemy?"

I shrugged sheepishly. "Used to be. We're sorta friends now. Nobody knew but me, him, and Lou. We weren't sure about telling you. So what d'ya think?"

He looked like he wasn't quite sure what to say. Almost speechless. "Well... That's good, I guess. I never really had much of a reason to hate him anyways."

I smiled. I had hoped for the best and the best was what I'd got!

********************************************************************************************************

"Leeeeyuuum! Come d-dance with m-meeeee!" I grabbed onto his hand, pulling him away from Lou and out of the corner of the club, leading him towards the dance floor.

"I don't dance." Liam replied, shaking out of my grip.

"C-Come on, L-LiLiboo!" I slurred, trying to pull him with me again.

"Niall, are you drunk?" he asked sternly, frowning.

"Maaaaaaaaaybeeeee!" I giggled, grabbing onto both of his hands and walking backwards, practically dragging him towards the dance floor. "C-Come on, p-pleeease?" I begged, looking up at him with the puppy eyes. As I saw his own chocolate orbs soften, I knew I had won.

"Fine." he sighed. "But only one song."

"Yaaaaaaaaaaay!" I squealed, pulling him onto the dance floor. Let's just say that when I'm drunk, my dance moves are very... Sexual. But that was just how you danced in a club, and right now, it was making Liam's eyes go wide. I rolled my eyes and took his hands, placing them firmly on my hips. "You a-act l-like you've n-n-never danced at a cl-club before!" I teased. Soon enough, I seemed to have loosened him up a bit. His hands pulled me back towards him as he swayed along to the music with me, my back pressed to his chest. There was no room in between us, and that was half because of how crowded the club was and half on purpose. As the song ended, I turned around to face him and smiled hopefully. "One m-more s-song?"

Liam smiled in return. "One more. Then I'm done."

We ended up practically dancing the night away. Eventually, Zayn found me and I pulled away from Liam for a moment. Zayn informed me that he and Lou were going home and I just nodded, then continued to dance.

Eventually, the arms around my waist pulled away and Liam yawned. "We should get going, Ni. It's almost five in the morning and I think the club closes at five-thirty. Besides, you're completely wasted."

"But Leeeyumm!" I pouted, frowning. He shook his head and grabbed onto my hand, pulling me out of the club. Needless to say, I couldn't walk. No, I'd had way too much to drink for such a simple task. I smiled up at Liam innocently. "C-Carry m-m-me?" I prompted. He just rolled his eyes playfully and chuckled, then picked me up bridal style. He carried me easily and I wrapped my arms around his neck, laying my head against his chest, and dozed off into sleep.