Chapter Eight - "Do you love me, Liam?"

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

I tilted my head just slightly, looking into his eyes. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but I knew it was true. What I didn't know, was if I felt the same way.

My heart was thudding madly in my chest and I tried to ignore it so I could think. Did I feel the same?

...Of course I do.

It was suddenly so clear to me now.

"I'll do anything for you, Niall. I'll be everything you want, everything you need, and more. I'll never let anybody hurt you and I won't allow anything to let you down. I'll make sure you're always happy and I'll go out of my way to make everything perfect for you. You deserve it. You're everything I've ever dreamt of and I won't let you go. Anything you need from me, anything at all, it's yours." Liam murmured softly. He continued to ramble on about all the things he'd do for me and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Do you love me, Liam?" I cut him off.

"Yes." he replied without hesitation.

I smiled and pressed my forehead to his, breathing in his sweet smell. "That's all I need and that's all I want. I don't need the world from you - I just need your love." 

He leaned forward and I did to, both of our eyes closing. This time there was nothing that would interrupt us, nothing that could get in the way. Finally, after so long of being so close and yet so far away, our lips met. My heart seemed to internally explode, sparks igniting my body and heat flooding through me. His lips were so soft and full and had this inexplicably sweet taste. I can't even begin to describe how perfect it was to be kissing him - there were not good enough words on the earth to possibly do it justice. We were both cautious and careful with it and so it remained soft and sweet, neither of us bothering to deepen it. After what seemed to be forever but was probably only a few seconds, my head was spinning and I felt dizzy in an amazing way. 

He pulled away much too soon for me, but our lips still barely touched. I could tell that he felt the exact same about that as his eyes slowly opened to meet mine. I blushed and smiled shyly and he smiled back, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close. I looped my arms around his neck, laying my head on his chest. I could feel his heart racing. Aww, that's cute. I knew it was because of me. My heart was doing the same because of him.

"Niall, would you..." he began, pulling away to look at me with a sheepish smile. "Would you be my boyfriend?" he asked quietly.

"No." I replied with a straight face. He looked incredibly confused for a second and I laughed, making it obvious that I was joking.

Liam rolled his eyes. "That's not even funny." he whined, pouting playfully. I giggled and went up on my toes to peck his lips.

"Of course I will."