Chapter Thirteen - Alone for once

(mrsniallhoran, really, you changed this to a mystery instead of fan fiction -_-) 

butterfliess :3

Liam's POV

I breathed in heavily. "He'd better support us." I hissed playfully.

My mother strode into the kitchen, planning out snacks for us. "You boys can rent a movie on the TV, if you'd like!" She called.

I peeked into the kitchen and gave her a hug. "Thanks, mom." I smiled. She grinned back and continued to focus on a tray of assorted cheeses, a bucket of packaged chocolate, and drinks. She previously had also lit candles to 'set the mood'.

I love my mom. She's so supportive.

I invited Niall onto the couch and flipped through movies. "Genre?" I asked. He chose horror, whereas I chose comedy. But, I let him win because he got scared pretty easy like me, and if we chose a truly scary movie, it would turn into a comedy. 

However, Niall ended up figuring out my plan and instead chose Paranormal Activity 3, which I had watched already a million times and it wasn't even scary the first. 

"Really?" I pouted, crossing my arms. "This is more funny than scary."

"Exactly! I'm onto your little plan, Li." He winked.

Just then, my mother scowled at the TV and set the tray and bucket and drinks on the coffee table in front of us. "Who chose this movie?" She asked, hands on hips.

"I did." Niall raised his hand a little.

She narrowed her eyes. "Come on. If you get scared by this, you're a little baby." She mocked playfully.

We both laughed and Niall added, crossing his arms like I had, "I am not a baby. Li wanted me to get scared anyways, but I foiled his plan. He told me to choose the movie, and this is obviously not scary. See? I FOILED HIS PLAN!!" 

She chuckled and grabbed her purse from the kitchen. Just now had I realized she was dressed in nursing clothes; she was leaving for work at a hospital a town away. We said our goodbyes, and she waved as she closed the door. I watched out the window as she drove away.

"We should Invite some people over!" Niall suggested, ruining the mood. The room was dark and the only light came from three candles before us on the wood coffee table.

"No, Niall..." I leaned over, kissing him briefly. I pulled away and smiled. He grinned back and rest his head on my shoulder, grabbing a blanket and pulling it over us.

"Let's just be..." I paused. "Alone for once."