Chapter Eleven - "Come live here!"

(butterfliess)

Liam's POV

After school, we joined together and Lou caught up with us, beaming brightly. I grinned and wrapped an arm around Niall's waist, pulling him closer to me. 

"Aww... You guys... just... I don't even..." He flailed his arms. "So... We have a dance coming up..." He raised his eyebrows, stuck his tounge out, and nudged me. 

I sighed. "I don't think I'm going." 

Niall turned to me in shock and whimpered. "Why notttttt?" He whined. 

"Well, I actually got a call from my mom in class. I left to the office to take it and... well... My dad's in prison. He murdered some guy and his friend at a bar. And... My mom is really missing me. She was rambling on and on and on about how sorry she was, she told me she only acted like she didn't love me because my dad would have beat her if she didn't play along. I feel really bad, but now that my dad's in prison - and will be for a long time - I... I don't know." Our small crowd of 3 people fell deathly quiet.

"I might be moving back to-" 

Niall fell against my shoulder, whining loudly, which interrupted me. "No, Liam! You can't move back in with your mom!"

I sighed again. "No. Not moving back in with her. They're... getting divorced. My mom wants me to stay with her, but my dad wants me to wait until he's out of prison so he can keep me here. I love my mom, and truthfully, I hate my dad. I really want to stay with my mom, but the thing is, she wants me to move back to my hometown."

Niall's eyes went wide. "Liam, you can't! Don't you want to stay with me? You're legally allowed to move out! Please stay living with me! We just got together, you can't leave now! I can't handle long-distance relationships!" His eyes started to water. Lou just watched sadly.

"I'm sorry, Ni... I... Of course I want to stay with you. I'm so confused on what to do though; my mom and I have never spent quality time together. Never in my whole life. Here's my chance to finally connect with her. But... then again, we're together, and I love you. I just don't know what to do." 

With that, I turned away and started to walk. The clouds darkened and it started to rain.

Yay, Life. More cliche rain in the best possible time. 

I knew that Niall wanted to go after me, but I could hear that Lou was holding him back.

"Let him get things figured out..." He said. I heard Niall desperately trying to fight from his grip, and crying softly. 

I felt so bad for both Niall and my Mom. I was so confused I felt sick.

---

I knocked on the door. My mom opened it and dove in to hug me. I hugged her tightly and we kept silent for a long time. I finally pulled away and begun the long, long story.

---

She understood the whole thing, like I expected... 

"I don't know what to do, mom..." I cried softly in her arms. "I'm so confused. I love him, but I love you too."

"Do what your heart tells you to do."

I nodded. "Will... will you hate me if I choose to live with Niall?" 

"No, of course not. I never hated you, I don't hate now, and I won't ever hate you."

"Then... I want to live with Niall. But I swear I'll visit you every day. Or..." I smiled brightly, tears wiping away in a flash. "Could Niall come live here? Could we stay here instead of moving?" I asked, hopeful.

She grinned. "Of course." She said and ruffled my hair.

"I love you, mom."

"Love you too, dear."

 ---

I texted Niall to come to my house and he quickly showed up at my door. I invited him inside and he was astounded to find that I wasn't crying anymore or wasn't upset. 

My mom introduced herself again, after so many years, and he introduced him. She even complimented on how cute we were together.

That's why I love my mom. She loves everyone no matter what.

"Okay, so, Niall, I have a surprise." I beamed.

He raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"So I don't have to be torn between to people, I asked my mom if you could come live here and... She said yes! My mom and dad shared a room, but you can share mine with me! Please, come live here with me instead. My mom said that if you come live here, then we can stay! I won't have to move." I begged him to come live with us.